Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
she just keeps posting this---

I'm really quite tired of seeing your copied posters and ads. I know I can "un-friend" you and I will but after a little bit. I've thought about how you are older and retired a few years now and have actually wondered if you are having some sort of problem. Were you not ever told that friends don't discuss religion and politics? What gives you the idea that it is in good form to push this at everyone on your friend list?

I've lowered my opinion of you.

Re: she just keeps posting this---

OK..you said it yourself. If this person is older and lonely, maybe you should just ignore the posts. Just be nice....seems like an easy thing to do. Unless you are one of those who just totally can't stand the thought of others having opinions different from yours. Since you are throwing out stereotypes, one might jump to the conclusion that it is your closed mindedness that is the issue here. Lighten up. Being exposed to others with perspectives different from your own is a good thing.

Dear FB Liberal
I'm really quite tired of seeing your copied posters and ads. I know I can "un-friend" you and I will but after a little bit. I've thought about how you are older and retired a few years now and have actually wondered if you are having some sort of problem. Were you not ever told that friends don't discuss religion and politics? What gives you the idea that it is in good form to push this at everyone on your friend list?

I've lowered my opinion of you.

Some people just keep posting photos with sayings. Not really to do with one thing but it gets annoying to see my page junked up with this. I put the person on "hide" then when I am wondering how they are doing go take a look and weed through. This way I do not have to "unfriend" them.

People have a right to enjoy Facebook in their own way - everyone has different interests. Personally, all of the games on there drive me nuts and I either ignore those posts or block them. if you don't like something, you have the right to ignore it or hide/block it as well. Most of the "friends" on Facebook are virtual rather than friends in the real sense, so "unfriending" someone is not that big of a deal.

You can unsubscribe from somebody that abuses the share button without having to unfriend it. You can even chose what kind of posts you wish to receive from somebody. I know I've unsubscribed from many that keep on posting their stud dogs over and over or posts about animal cruelty, I don't need to see that every day. People that get in other breeders businesses get un-friended right there.

Just skip over it. Being retired does not make you sick in the head. Bet she is full of knowledge. I get tired of games and how my dog did last week end. That does not mean I defriend them. I would not have made them a friend if I did not feel they had something to offer to my life. At least, she believes in something.

Dear OP
AND YOU come on the a world wide forum whine about it makes you better HOW? Anonymously at that....aren't you special...
Bridget

I thought the same thing as sighttosea.

how wonderful for you to try and create a bigger issue by posting here on this forum.

simply delete the person causing you so much upset and move on with life.

Wow Bridget--that was a nice post. Thanks.

Sighttosea
Dear OP
AND YOU come on the a world wide forum whine about it makes you better HOW? Anonymously at that....aren't you special...
Bridget
And how did you help this subject by adding your input with your name? It's no different then the OP's post, it's just your opinion. If the Original Poster wanted to let loose on here with a post, it's her prerogitive. No names were mentioned.

Sounds like the OP has some friends who have good religious beliefs and love their freedoms and if OP does not have these she does not know what to do with truths. You don't have to read them. And you sure don't need to believe what I believe.