Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DDC offering 5-day turn around as an option for 20 bucks per test

I received this today. That being said, I received disease screening for CNM and EIC a couple years ago within 2 business days. The color testing took longer.

DC Veterinary now offers optional Expedited DNA Testing

Hello,

We just wanted take a moment to share an update to our DNA service offerings:

Earlier this year, we let you know that we would soon be offering an "expedited" 5-business-day turnaround. That option is now officially available for all of our DNA inherited trait and disease tests found within these links:

http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-traits-test.html
http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-disease-test.html

There is also an ordering tool at our website to help purebred breeders SEARCH BY BREED, then select tests and options of their choosing. http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine.html
To begin, start typing the breed, then choose your breed from the drop-down menu. Then indicate the number of animals you wish you have tested and follow the steps through the order process. The standard turnaround is 10-business days however you will now be given the option to choose "5-day results" for each test for an additional $20 per test.

We continue to offer a special pricing program on all of our inherited disease and trait DNA tests:
A base price of $58 per dog for the first DNA test, then $20 for each additional DNA test ordered for the same dog. If 5 or more dogs are submitted for testing at the same time you will receive an additional $10 off the $58 base price ($48 per dog for the 1st inherited traits or disease test)

It has always been our mission to provide our clients with the highest quality testing available along with the very best value. Please let us know if you have questions or comments, we're always glad to help.
Best wishes,

Randall Smith
DDC Veterinary
One DDC Way
Fairfield, Ohio 45014
1-800-625-0874
forward to a friend
About DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC):
As the largest provider of private DNA paternity and other DNA tests in the U.S. and worldwide for more than 16 years, DDC offers comprehensive DNA testing services for paternity and other family relationships, forensics and ancestry. DDC receives more than 800,000 consumer calls each year, and has performed over 1.5 Million DNA tests since the company was established. DDC Veterinary, the animal DNA testing division, provides innovative, quality DNA testing for companion and sport animals. DDC was the first to adopt robotics technology in its laboratory processes, ensuring highly stringent and efficient handling of DNA samples. DDC's unique Dual Process™ ensures all professionally collected DNA samples are independently tested twice, producing legal results of unmatched quality and reliability. DDC is recognized through a number of accreditations, nationally and internationally, achieving perfect ratings in its past 16 inspections, including those performed by the AABB, formerly known as the American Association of Blood Banks and the College of American Pathologists (CAP). DDC is also accredited by ACLASS to meet the standards of ISO 17025:2005 and the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors Laboratory Accreditation Board International and follows the DNA Advisory Board (DAB) guidelines, which attests to DDC's superior forensic testing service.

Re: DDC offering 5-day turn around as an option for 20 bucks per test

I am puzzled. I was trying to order EIC on their website today and found this:

http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-exercise-induced-collapse.html

Says they are no longer offering EIC testing for labradors?

U of M has a patent pending

Those of you that have used U of Minn, how long for results and did you send blood or cheek swab? Just reading the instructions on the form, makes me dizzy.

I got mine back in a week to 10 days, twice.

sent mine off 12 days ago, got a clear result via phone but have not seen the hard copy yet.

DDC is NOT doing EIC testing anymore as of June 30. U of M got their patent and as I understand the test is around $75.00 now and they do not offer a discount for multiple dogs.

Lisa Cruanas
DDC is NOT doing EIC testing anymore as of June 30. U of M got their patent and as I understand the test is around $75.00 now and they do not offer a discount for multiple dogs.

Wrong. The test is and always has been $65.00 with part of those proceeds going directly to fund other types of research/testing.

I generally have the results emailed to me and print off the attached form. Of the dozens of tests that I have sent in, the turn around for both blood and swabs has been the same since they test in batches of 96 on certain days of the week. The earliest mine has been is 5 days, the longest was 8 which was due to the weekend obviously. I generally received the emails after 7pm and an email with the results were also sent to my vet for his records.

Well, we just tried to do tests on a litter we just had. We called DDC and were told this over the telephone from them.

For the correct info on the cost of the EIC test by the Univ. of MN, I would suggest googling the website for the Univ. MN and or calling them directly. Not by talking to a former competitor.