Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carpet stains

My nursing bitch had diarrhea all over our living room carpet during the night. I carpet cleaned with Bissell pet stain and odor removal solution which usually does the trick here but the poo is leaving a light brown stain! We've put solution right on the stain and have now cleaned 3 times. It's much lighter but still there. Any ideas???

Re: Carpet stains

Try straight peroxide....it is a protein so it should work.

Make a thick liquid/paste out of one of the "Oxi Cleaners/Boosters" for your laundry and rub it on the spots....should work.

I use the Rug Doctor pet urine and stain remover. Spray a goodly amount on the stain, I usually scrub it into the nap a bit with my fingers and cover with a wet rag. Sometimes it needs to be repeated once or twice but I can get even the worst nasty stain out eventually.

It sometimes leaves a lighter spot because the surrounding area has a normal dirt/dinginess but I run over the rest of the carpet with the rug machine and it's all good to go.

I've live with and have housebroken three labs on white carpet so I can swear by this stuff.