Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The ease of calling AKC for a coupon code

I often see breeders asking for coupon codes for AKC litter registration and repeatedly are told to call. That's all you have to do! I have been for my last few litters and it's a breeze to do.

I registered my most recent litter today online but before doing so, I called AKC for a coupon code. I did the same for prior litters, it was just as easy.

All they ask for is your full name, they make sure you have pen and paper available and give you a code with 2 letters and the rest no.'s. The woman wished me a wonderful weekend just as I was saying the same to her and we both laughed. She was a pleasure to speak with.

So for those looking for coupon codes, call the North Carolina no., not the New York City no. and it's done in less than 5 minutes. It's the (919) area code no on the contact page.

Re: The ease of calling AKC for a coupon code

you can also email them, that is what I do! cheaper than a long distance call.

Just called AKC for a coupon code, and though the lady was very nice, she did say they quit doing the coupon cods in April of 2013. :-/ (Boo) anyways, just wanted to let others know in case they were wondering the same thing as me.

discontinued

I just got a set of coupons in August 2013. All I did was email and I had them within 1 week

Have they reconsidered or do they only offer it by email? Or to "better" customers with more registrations? I was told in May or early June no more coupons. If they had offered coupons, I would have registered the whole litter individually as well. Without the coupon discount, the AKC can wait as the registrations trickle in.

curious
I just got a set of coupons in August 2013. All I did was email and I had them within 1 week
At AKC the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing except they know how to grab up the dollars.

I thought the coupon was just for registering my litter. All those multiple coupons that came are to register each puppy? I should have looked closer.

for individuals?
I thought the coupon was just for registering my litter. All those multiple coupons that came are to register each puppy? I should have looked closer.

its for the litter reg, not each puppy reg. AKC sent a bunch but I only breed 1-2 times a year so they expire before I use them again

Cuz
At AKC the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing except they know how to grab up the dollars.

This is such Bull$hit. Stop bashing the AKC. They spends millions of dollars to fund canine health research, fund search and rescue programs, fund special programs that helps both people and their dogs and makes available tons of educational material about responsible ownership among many other things they spend those dollars on. Just shows what an idiot you are and how little you know about the AKC.

Really?
Cuz

This is such Bull$hit. Stop bashing the AKC. They spends millions of dollars to fund canine health research, fund search and rescue programs, fund special programs that helps both people and their dogs and makes available tons of educational material about responsible ownership among many other things they spend those dollars on. Just shows what an idiot you are and how little you know about the AKC.

You're the type of person that causes problems on here deliberately. You don't call other breeders idiots, that's bashing.

We're all entitled to our opinions. No matter what you said, I feel AKC is out for the almighty dollars they make. Plus, their workers aren't terribly bright at times. That was my point and it remains my point. $ and inferior clerks bother me about AKC. I rarely get a clerk with a brain in their head, sometimes once In a blue moon. :(

You know who else bashes the AKC? The radical animal rights groups. They are out to discredit the AKC much in the same way as "Cuz". The AKC does not support much of the anti-breeder laws and opposes the HSUS and other animal rights groups. The ar groups feel that if they can take out the AKC we will fall along with it. Now is not the time to bashing them. The AKC is doing a lot to try to stop many of these I, for one, will continue to give AKC my full support if for no other reason than this alone.

First of all, I am NOT an AR person. I'm a Lab Breeder for over 2 decades breeding 1 to 2 litters per year at the most.

I guess I chose a touchy time to be upset with AKC. You 'The bigger picture' explained it differently. You didn't call me an idiot. The other poster was down right nasty never bringing up recent, possible legislation.

I've signed the petitions as I have nothing to hide. The bill is horrible and we need to work on it together with other breeders of all breeds. It can effect all of us.

For now, I'll shut my mouth about AKC's practices because of what's going on. After, I can't say.

Thanks for bringing the correlation to my attention ;The bigger picture;.

I just order my coupons by e-mail and they will come next week.

Unfortunately when I called today, I was told there are no coupon codes for registration. They haven't been printed yet for 2014. I reminded him this is May already. When will they be printing the coupon codes up? I was told not yet. I did come home and send an email to info@akc.org I am hoping to hear back from them soon regarding a coupon code. I will post an update once I hear back from their customer service department. The guy I spoke to on the phone did not speak very good English and it was very hard to understand him.

When I called a few weeks ago, I was told the program had been discontinued. However, if you register all the puppies in the litter, they will send you a code for a future litter.
If it doesn't have an expiration date, that may be OK for those of us who don't breed multiple litters every year. Otherwise it is worthless. We shall see.

I e-mailed them for a litter coupon a couple of weeks ago and received it the next day.