Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NW Indiana/Chicagoland peeps -- need help!

Hey there,

The owners of one of my puppies are having to move into an apartment and can no longer keep their dog. She is a sweet, 10 year old black female named Canada who loves to snuggle. Bit on the small side, maybe overweight. They have to find her a new home by Tuesday. I could take her for a bit, but I'm in pretty cramped conditions myself at the moment so not for very long. If you know anyone who could give her a forever home please contact me ASAP. Thanks!!

Re: NW Indiana/Chicagoland peeps -- need help!

My suggestion to you is to call around to your puppy buyers .. possibly someone who has a sibling. Maybe reach out to Lab Rescue in your area. You can find out who is in your area by going to www.thelabradorclub.com and clicking the rescue link, then your state in the drop down menu . If you choose this route I would hope you give them a donation. I really hope your "cramped" condition is "uncramped" soon. Shameful that a senior is left behind when her breeder is available.

Cramped? Too bad. You made her, you take her back for as LONG as it takes to rehome her! We all have had to do it and none of us liked it but that's the commitment you made when you put the semen in your bitch!
Sheesh!

Emily Jones
Hey there,

The owners of one of my puppies are having to move into an apartment and can no longer keep their dog. She is a sweet, 10 year old black female named Canada who loves to snuggle. Bit on the small side, maybe overweight. They have to find her a new home by Tuesday. I could take her for a bit, but I'm in pretty cramped conditions myself at the moment so not for very long. If you know anyone who could give her a forever home please contact me ASAP. Thanks!!

Definately. This should have read...
"I have taken in one of my pups who is 10 years old now. The family is having trouble so I stepped in and made sure my old girl has a place. While I would love to keep her, I will need to find her her own forever home. Please put out the word with your friends and family that I have something available. She will be safe and warm and fed for as long as it takes."

Cramped? So what. What's one more?

Why can't we be softer in our replies to people? Would it cost you any more to be kind - you can say the same thing, but in kind words?