Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Virginia Lyne, Betty Stenmark

Does anyone know what these judges like, if they are "competent", or if they are "handler" judges? Thanks for your input!

Re: Virginia Lyne, Betty Stenmark

Virginia Lyne knows a well-made dog and understands breed type.

That show is this weekend. The time to ask might have been before the show closed.

Why ask 2 days before the show?

Because I'd like to know if I'm better off hiring a handler than taking my dog into the ring myself. There are some judge that are known for putting up pieces of shit if their handler buddy is on the end of the lead. Don't be so snarky, for Pete's sake. Are you always this way, or just when you come on here?

Yes Virginia can recognize a good dog but she definitely can recognize a good handler!

travelin yikes! Putting up pieces of shit? If this was the case why hire a handler---why not just keep yur lovely dog home?

Betty Stenmark has put me up twice, with two different bitches. My dogs are closer to the standard, moderate with nice angulation. Very nice "head, coat, and tail" features. I'm a nobody, not a handler for sure.

Hasn't Virginia Lyne judged Specialties? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Virginia Lyne (pronounced line)has a very good eye. She has judged specialties in the USA and Canada.

Yes, I have seen her judge on numerous occasions too.

Ms Lynne is an excellent judge and always attracts a large entry up here ..