Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Canin good for coats?

I have seen two different breeds now discussing how they switched to Royal Canin and that they have seen improvement in coat. Actually more in the amount of coat.

Does anyone know what ingredient this may be to help with coat? My guess is Omega 3.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks,

Donna

Re: Royal Canin good for coats?

My first show prospect didn't have coat. No matter what I tried--nothing. I started with raw, switched to Innova, PP Sensitive Skin, and Royal Canin. I got her 10 years ago. Oh yes, I gave her the recipe from Showdogs L--how ro grow fur on a door knob. I know it's disappointing but I think if they are getting a premimum food and don't have coat they won'r have it. You might get a slight increase after they are spayed which BTW was the case with a recent older bitch that was referred to on FB as have lots of coat from Royal Canin

The coat change in the spayed girls is because they no longer produce estrogen. Their coat becomes the thick, undercoat and not a proper labrador coat.

I feed a very good food. I am thinking it is genetic. Just for a trial though I bough some salmon oil supplement today.

The estrogen is a good thought. Thanks for input.

Donna.

I got more coat on Royal Canin, but it was so dry.