Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Marty"

Last night I bade good-bye to my beloved, once in a lifetime Labrador, "Marty", sometimes affectionately known as "Smarty Marty" or "Farty Marty", but forever known as BISS Ch Lubberline Martingale. It was a very special 12 years of devotion that he gave to me & left behind some amazing kids. It is rather quiet & subdued & emptier around Lubberline today.

Re: "Marty"

Pauline, I'm so sorry for your loss. Marty was a special dog to the breed and to your heart. When you see his beautiful kids and grand kids remember a part of him still lives on.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Pauline - as Judy said, he contributed so much to the breed. We have a five year old son of his at home, and although he didn't "work out" he is still our couch potato precisely because of his hallmark temperament around Tricia's child care kids. When we have a club function at our house people who don't know will see him just standing out in the yard and ask "is he a Marty son?" What more can you say....

I'm so sorry. He will be missed. I will hug his great-grand babies (5 days old) a little more often tonight. What a legacy Marty has left. My heart goes out to you.

I am so sorry for your great loss; what a legacy he has left to all of us though, you can see him in all his progeny.
I have some gorgeous linebred Marty youngsters ( Zeus x Joss daughter...so grandsires are the Marty BISS CH potomac winners Chute and Joss ), they all have Marty's beautiful face and expression! He was a special ambassador for labradors!

Pauline,

My heartfelt condolences on you loss of your very special boy, Marty. My thoughts are with you and yours at this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Michelle
Fardale Labradors

Pauline,
I'm so sad to hear of Marty's passing. What a wonderful boy he was indeed. As someone who owns one of his grandkids, I'm thankful for all that Marty contributed to not only your life, but mine. Godspeed Marty. Rest in Peace.

Pauline, I am so very sorry to hear about Marty. Words don't seem enough to express the loss we feel each time we lose our beloved companions. I hope you will find comfort in the legacy he leaves in his get and grandchildren. Rest well, Marty.

Pauline, I'm so sorry for the loss of your wonderful boy Marty. As I sit and look at my five dogs laying around the house, 4 of them are either grandkids or great-grandkids of Marty. He has made a huge impact on our wonderful breed and I will be forever grateful to Marty for being the spectacular dog that he was. Hopefully in time his memories will bring a smile to your face. I will hug his Grand babies a little tighter tonight in honor of him. RIP Sweet boy. :( Terri, Mark, Magnum, Ruger, Breeze, Lacey and Scarlett.

I'm so very sorry, Pauline. Godspeed Marty.

Pauline,

I'm so sorry about your beautiful boy....he was simply lovely!

I am so sorry - he was a spectacular dog. My heart goes out to all of you at Lubberline.

Am not a breeder and never have been. We are a home for senior labs.

So very sorry for Marty's passing. We are blessed with one of Marty's daughters in our home. No wonder our girl has such a fantastic personality.

My deep condolences for your loss. Hugs to you.

Fran

I'm so sorry Pauline.

Rest well Marty.

Pauline, I only knew Marty through pictures of him and his offspring - what a beautiful boy! I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Pauline I'm so very sorry

I am so sorry to hear about Marty.....

So very sorry, Pauline.

Marty was a special dog, both to you and the breed. Most are never lucky enough to own one like him...

Big Hugs.

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

May you have many glimpses of him through his offspring and may those special moments fill the empty spaces. Although I never crossed the Pond to see him in the flesh, I just have to shut my eyes to conjure up that expression and outline - there are not even a handful for whom that can be said. Indeed a special one!

Pauline, so very sorry for the loss of your Special Marty. He was truly a Legend and will live on through so many get. Godspeed sweet beautiful boy and know he will be waiting for you at the Bridge. This kind of boy only comes around so seldom and you and he were blessed.

I am very sorry for the loss of your special boy. 12 years goes by so fast and seems too short of a time to have our special companions.

Pauline, I'm so sorry. He was a great boy, and my heart goes out to you in your moment of pain.

Everyday I look at his picture hanging in my kennel office. Marty was one of those very special dogs. His children are here carrying on the line of their sire. Pauline bred a great dog and Marty was a lucky dog to have such a caring owner. I'm sure he is now playing with his grandfather Teddy ...... We are blessed to have these dogs for their time here.

Pauline, I am so sorry...Run free at the Bridge Marty...

Johanne

Darn it, Pauline, I swearthey just don't live long enough. I love my old guys and try to let them know how special they are. Marty was a treasure, sorry to hear he is no longer with you.

So sorry for your loss Pauline....

Pauline,
Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved Marty.
He was a true representative of the breed and only got better with age.
He left you with wonderful memories and offspring to carry on with.
Rest in peace sweet boy!

So sorry Pauline to hear about Marty...he was such a beautiful boy...we have his grandson here and we adore him. Marty's legacy lives on and he will always remain in your heart. Rest well Marty...