Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Favorite soft crates?

my old one is pretty beat....looking for advise on picking out a new one......

Re: Favorite soft crates?

Tried a few different brands, favorite by far are the Noz2Noz kind.

Noz2Noz

I just bought a new one. I love my Canine Camper Daytrippers but they've been discontinued. So, I went with the Noz2Noz. They're well made but I find the steel frame difficult to collapse and they don't fold up as neatly as the Canine Campers do. The Noz2Noz does need a pad or whatever if that matters to you.

Canine Campers are nice in theory, they do not really have an internal support system. There are a few rigid points, and you pull up the center part, and zipper in the front and back panel. If you an unruly dog or one that might be a little jumpy, it's easy to collapse.

Noz2Noz have that interal rigid support system. Sometimes they are harder to pop into place but with frequent use it gets easier. I've had some for 10 years now.

It's a Breeze are the other ones I see often. I have one, and the tension rods you have to put in place can be a bit difficult if you are looking to put up a crate FAST. You have to guide the tension rod in the back hole and push just hard enough to make it give and try to fit it in the front hole.

Noz2Noz is my choice.

Noz2Noz.

I liked Noz2Noz in theory and when shopping, intending to replace my Canine Camper with the one I bought. I found that I was happier lugging the lighter Canine camper I bought from John S at a specialty and I sold the Noz2Noz.

I do see that at long last there are Cabana tent crates on cleanrun.com and that there are new Midwest soft crates on Max200's site. The new Midwest crates are supposed to be an easy open crate with a frame.
Has anyone tried the new models, either the Cabana or the newer MidWest ones? The Cabana crate is very lightweight.

In the past I had Canine Camper. I now have Noz2Noz and won't buy anything else.

The problem with Canine Campers is that you cannot put ANYTHING on top of the crate without sagging it severly (with a jacket) or worse. With the Noz2Noz, I can flip my crate dolly upside down and lay it on top along with my tack box and grooming bag, as well as a small cooler and it is rock solid. I can also put them up and take them down quickly and with no hassle whatsoever. Can't say enough good things about Noz2Noz.

thanks everyone for your suggestions......

Love Royal Cabana soft sided crates
Jerry and Joan Saldona, Zinfandel Labs
Make them. Very well made and at a good
Price