Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diamond Puppy Food?

I've previously used Royal Canin starter and puppy food with good results. I hesitate to try something new but would like to find something a little easier to get. My adults have always done very well on Diamond Performance. Does anyone have any experience feeding Diamond Puppy?

Re: Diamond Puppy Food?

Royal Canin starter can now be found at PetSMart, which is awesome and if you don't have one of those, you can become a part of their breeder program and they will ship it directly to your door.

If that doesn't work for you or you're unable to get that way, feeding the Diamond Naturals Adult Chicken & Rice has worked very well for us, but we ultimately prefer the Royal Canin Maxi starter food.

we happen to use Diamond Natural on all adults. but I have never been happy with the puppy food in growing litters, a bit stinky and loose for my liking so I end up switching back to pro plan puppy.

Breeder
I've previously used Royal Canin starter and puppy food with good results. I hesitate to try something new but would like to find something a little easier to get. My adults have always done very well on Diamond Performance. Does anyone have any experience feeding Diamond Puppy?

Been feeding Kirkland puppy, made by Diamond, for a while now. Love the results. If it works, no need to change. Not every food is a one size fits all. Certain lines do better on certain foods. If you like how a breeder's dogs look, ask what they feed. If your dog is from those lines they may do well on that food too. Switched over to adult at 6 months. Growth and maturity is beautiful. Dogs are sound. No limping at all. Allowed plenty of exercise.