Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Limited Registration

I would normally sell on limited registration, but have a young lady who may be interested in getting started in Junior Showmanship.

Does anyone know if a dog with limited registration can be shown in Juniors?

If you can steer us in the direction of the answer, I'd be appreciative. Thanks.

Re: Limited Registration

According to AKC Junior Showmanship Rules and Guidelines: "Section 7. Eligibility of Dog. Each dog entered in a regular Junior Showmanship Class must be of a breed eligible to compete in the conformation classes (including Miscellaneous Classes) at the event. Dogs may be PAL/ILP, Full-, or Limited-Registered to compete in Junior Showmanship Classes, additionally, spayed and neutered specimens are eligible for competition."

Anyone Know?

I would normally sell on limited registration, but have a young lady who may be interested in getting started in Junior Showmanship.

Does anyone know if a dog with limited registration can be shown in Juniors?

If you can steer us in the direction of the answer, I'd be appreciative. Thanks.

Thank you!

I wouldn't think a young person interested in showing in juniors would be able to really "make it happen" unless her parents or you were willing to get heavily involved with running her and the dog to training classes and shows.

co-own ... do NOT sell on a full registration. You're giving them free reign.

JMHO
Agree! I wouldn't sell on full registration either. It's not as if you know this person any better than any other puppy buyer. At the very least, let her co-own with you. I don't know that I would want that responsibility but I sure wouldn't allow the puppy to go on full registration.

What age is the young lady?

And where does the OP state she was going to sell this dog on full registration?

This young lady may be wanting to start in 4H and then go onto AKC shows. She has to start someone and who knows if she'll stay with it, but it's definitely worth a try. She can show the dog on limited registration so no biggy there.

me
JMHO
Agree! I wouldn't sell on full registration either. It's not as if you know this person any better than any other puppy buyer. At the very least, let her co-own with you. I don't know that I would want that responsibility but I sure wouldn't allow the puppy to go on full registration.

What age is the young lady?

Do not sell on FULL. And most Jr. I see start out with an older dog that is already good in the ring and not a pup. Let her learn first and then think about a dog. Think long and hard.