Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gift Basket For Veterinarian's Office

I am hoping I can get some ideas from fellow lab owners. My veterinarians office has gone above & beyond helping me with my 2 labs - they are always willing to go the extra mile, not only for my dogs, but for all their clients.

I would like to give them something special for the holidays as a Thank You for all you do.

Anyone have any suggestions for gift basket? or appropriate thank you's for their office?

Melody

Re: Gift Basket For Veterinarian's Office

Chocolate and gift cards or gift certificates - perhaps to an area pizza place or somewhere they can order lunch from.

or an edible arrangements.

We have lunch delivered on a day when we know most of the staff will be there. Everyone seems to love it and honestly, there is nothing we could buy that would show how much we appreciate they do for us.

We do something similar for our wonderful vets and truly....they just seem to appreciate the thought - never mind what's in the gift/basket. We put cheese, crackers, smoked meats, chocolates, good bottle of liquer (after hours of course! )and whatever else we can think of at the time. Have fun!!

Anything you bring is always appreciated! However, there is usually a "glut" of sweets delivered around the holidays. The trays that stand out are the ones with meats/cheeses/crackers/cheese balls, etc.

I have used this company for the same purpose.
http://www.gourmetgiftbaskets.com

I spent around $100, but it depends on what you can afford.

Melody,
I have worked as a Vet Tech for 24 years and I must say that anything as a token of thanks is appreciated by the Doctors and Staff. Gift cards are nice because as someone said, during the holidays there is such and abundance of treats. Flowers or plants are nice too. Also making a donation to an organization to assist low income people with vet care for their pets is nice as well!
(Melody too!)

We recently made lunch for everyone. Big pans of homemade lasagne, lightly seasoned garlic bread, tossed green salad. Showed up with plates, utensils, napkins, iced tea. Then we left for a bit only to return to clean up the mess and remove our pans. Comments were about how much they appreciated homemade food and our time to serve them. It was a hit.