Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sensitive skin

I just wanted everyone to know who has a skin sensitive, ear gunk problem to know. After many home remedies, Vet visits. My girl has had no problems with skin problems or ear gunk for two months after eating Blue Buffalow Basics. Turkey and potato. She is comfortable and happy with no itching.

Re: Sensitive skin

I stopped buying Blue Buffalo when they got caught lying about their ingredients.
They advertised, among other things, "no gluten" but then got recalled with the rest of the foods using Chinese gluten a few years back. They claimed they didn't know the factory that makes their food was putting gluten in it. That suggests very poor quality control, at best.
No excuse, regardless.

Re: Sensitive skin

It is good that the OP found a food that agrees with her dog. I started and stopped feeding Blue Buffalo grain free chicken/Wild after a bag that caused my older Cavalier to go into syncope--her heart rhythm was off. My vet and I didn't know what was going on, but the only change had been the food, so I took her off it, which helped. Turns out they recalled it a weeks later for poisonously high vitamin D levels, which was throwing off her calcium levels. We put her on chicken and rice, with NO CALCIUM, which stabilized her. OTH, my sister swears by the stuff for her mid sized dogs. To each her own. There is better kibble, and then again there is just plain real or "human" food, too.