Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ever seen this?

Any one ever seen these little 'ear tags' in a Labrador?
http://www.vizsladogs.com/ARTICLES/futaki.htm

Re: Ever seen this?

Yes, all the time

Must be certain lines. Was kinda funny...I had been talking to a friend of mine that has Vizsla's, who helped me evaluate a Lab litter, and I was explaining Bolo spots to them. She was telling me about Futaki horns in Vizsla's and a few weeks later I noticed them on my Lab puppy! lol Been in labs for 15 years and had never seen them on a Lab before. Pedigree was an outcross. No big deal...just surprised me and wondered how common they were in Labs.

Breeder
Yes, all the time

I have one lab that has one in one ear, quite small. Had a vizsla as a kid that had them, didn't know not all do.

I suppose that might mean early retrievers somehow got a dash of vizsla or Hungarian greyhound???

Wonder if there are any other breeds with them?

First Time For Everything
Must be certain lines. Was kinda funny...I had been talking to a friend of mine that has Vizsla's, who helped me evaluate a Lab litter, and I was explaining Bolo spots to them. She was telling me about Futaki horns in Vizsla's and a few weeks later I noticed them on my Lab puppy! lol Been in labs for 15 years and had never seen them on a Lab before. Pedigree was an outcross. No big deal...just surprised me and wondered how common they were in Labs.

Breeder
Yes, all the time

How ironic! I have a new puppy that has one on each ear just like the picture, and one on the inner ear. First time I have ever seen them too!