Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prelims

Somewhere on the OFA site, it gives statistics for how often ratings change from prelims to final hip and elbow evals. Specifically, it tells you what the oods of prelims at 18 mos changing compared to prelims at 1 year. I can't find what I am looking for but I know they are there.

Can anyone provide that link as I can't find it? Or does anyone know the stats?

thanks

Re: Prelims

I found it for hips. duh...below is copied and pasted right off the OFA site.

"A recent publication* compared the reliability of the preliminary evaluation hip grade phenotype with the 2 year old evaluation in dogs and there was 100% reliability for a preliminary grade of excellent being normal at 2 years of age (excellent, good, or fair). There was 97.9% reliability for a preliminary grade of good being normal at 2 years of age, and 76.9% reliability for a preliminary grade of fair being normal at 2 years of age. Reliability of preliminary evaluations increased as age at the time of preliminary evaluation increased, regardless of whether dogs received a preliminary evaluation of normal hip conformation or HD. For normal hip conformations, the reliability was 89.6% at 3-6 months, 93.8% at 7-12 months, and 95.2% at 13-18 months. These results suggest that preliminary evaluations of hip joint status in dogs are generally reliable. However, dogs that receive a preliminary evaluation of fair or mild hip joint conformation should be reevaluated at an older age (24 months)."

Re: Prelims

I still can't find the stats for elbow prelims. I am not sure they are there.