Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Proplan new formulas

Proplan has a new website and several new formulas along with the new packaging. They now have an all life stage 28/18 formula in their new "sport" category, which includes the old performance, now called Sport 30/20 and the original chicken and rice all life stages, now called Sport 26/16. However, if you compare the ingredients and guaranteed analysis of this new Sport 28/18 to the puppy chicken and rice they are identical. So it is just the puppy food renamed for marketing purposes for adults lol! Fortunetely they have not changed any of their formulas, at least on paper. They also now have a grain free formula though it appears to be a bit carb heavy.
http://www.proplan.com/

Re: Proplan new formulas

Back when they first announced this, I sent an email to ProPlan customer service asking what changes to the formula would be accompanying the changes to the bags. (I could not care less about changes to packaging and "designation").

I never received a response.

I did receive a follow-up survey inquiring how satisfied I was with my contact with customer service, but never a response to my inquiry.

That tells me there are changes coming, and we are not going to like them.

Don't forget the new Duck formula which is their lowest protein at 24.5%.

Gonna miss the Selects Salmon and the ALS Lamb and Rice.

Also heard from someone who's seen it in the store, the SS version is now costing more per bag than the Selects used to.

It almost time for me to part ways with PP if this continues.

That's what happens when food companies use meat proteins that are difficult to obtain. Either the price goes up or they settle for less quality.

Food Meister
That's what happens when food companies use meat proteins that are difficult to obtain. Either the price goes up or they settle for less quality.
What are you talking about. PP doesn't use meat proteins that are difficult to obtain. They use Beef, Lamb, Chicken, and Salmon....and now Duck. All normal proteins. Am I missing your point?