Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shedding!!!

How many of you in the Northeast have dogs that are shedding right now? Normally, they are putting on their winter coats. I guess the warm weather is causing it.

Re: Shedding!!!

I'm in the midwest and some of my dogs are still shedding and hardly anyone is growing coat

Denver area and no coats either. Seniors blowing like it's mid summer.

50% aren't blowing coat, they're just back in full coat. The other 50% are out of coat just starting to add coat. They should all be in full coat if I bring some to The Potomac. That's IF I want to go broke given certain circumstances.

I was praying my girl could hold on through January, but started blowing this week, :(

I have the glue gun at the ready, lolol!!

Anyone have a favorite way to hurry up the shedding? And once it stops, about how long does it take for the coat to come back in? Six weeks?

Once they start blowing their coats there's really no stopping it. To get it over and done with I give them all a nice bath and scrub them with a rubber curry brush. That messages the skin and loosens all the dead coat, I then use my grooming dryer and blow out the coat so that the new coat will come back quicker. This is what works for me....Good luck!

Happy Holidays!