Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camera help? Cannon Rebel T3i or Cannon powershot sx 50 or Nikon D3200

I need help on choosing a new camera for my labs & grandkids. My sony is no longer working, and i want a better camera

Anyone with any experience with:

Cannon Powershot SX50?

Cannon Rebel T3i or

Nikon D3200

thanks so much,

Re: Camera help? Cannon Rebel T3i or Cannon powershot sx 50 or Nikon D3200

Love my PowerShot.

The Nikon!

The t3i & D3200 are very much alike. It comes down to a personal preference of Canon vs Nikon, like ford vs chevy, it's a preference. The powershot, though it has a tremenous zoom, it will leave you with limitations that the T3i & D3200 don't. It is a great bridge camra, but is slow and laggy compared to he actual dslr. If you do alot of action or low light situatiouns, go with one of the dslrs. If you want just a basic camera with some extras, do the powershot. Best thing to do is to go to a store that has them and actually hold each one, and see which is most comortable in your hand. I loved the T3i at first but when i picked up the nikon, it was a better fit.

I had a Cannon Rebel for a little while, it took beautiful pictures, they looked professionally done, the color and focus was always just right, but it shortly started having a malfunction with the shutter button, so I didn't keep it.

I have the Nikon D 3100 and love it.
Julia

Re: Camera help? Nikon P510

Does anyone have any information on the Nikon P510?? It's in my price range and has an amazing zoom capability for the price (42x)

As Mel said, its a toss up between the two DSLRs - go with the one that fits your hand. You're going to spend a lot of time holding this thing in one hand, especially with dogs, and comfort is vital!

In exactly the same boat so glad you thought of posting, wondering what your final choice was. TIA.