Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Itchy Scratchy

Do you feel there is any way this product would cause itch? Ever since I put my girl on it she has red ears and is scratching. It is supposed to help coat.

http://www.grizzlypetproducts.com/salmon_oil/salmon_oil.html

Re: Itchy Scratchy

Sounds like she's sensitive to salmon oil or something in it. I have one here that can't have anything at all with beef - even a treat will set her off on the scratching and her ears become inflamed

Have you ever used fish oil prior to this? Grizzly is on the lower end. I tried salmon oil once and had awful results. I love Lazers K-9 Shine but it's VERY expensive. I use Sea Pet with vitamin E from Entirely Pets. If you decide to try it make sure it's the one with vitamin E.

The more I am thinking the more this all makes sense now. i am the same Donna who posted about the Pyoderma. This all started to get worse when I started the Salmon oil. She has a lovely coat. I have another breed that I was trying to enhance coat. Said why not give Salmon oil to the Labrador also. Big mistake. So this little bit of facial acne turned out to be deep pyoderma because of this oil. Her poor ears are inflamed and she is so itchy. I will give her an oatmeal bath to try and relieve the trouble I have caused. A perfect example of if it is not broke don't try to fix it.