Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Black stud dog ( Bc EIC clear )

After considerable research, I have been unable to locate a proven black stud dog....Bc and EIC clear. Replies
appreciated. If desired, i can be emailed privately at snowdenhill2@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Gladys Rogers

Re: Black stud dog ( Bc EIC clear )

Umm, Mason fits the bill.

I absolutely LOVE Mason, but not everyone wants to pick one of the MOST used studs around. ;)

Why in the world not ? Not many good ones around, Bc that is.

How about a Byc?
BISS AM CAN CH Paradocs Obsidian
http://paradocslabs.com/sid.cfm

Go BB and make your own!!

How about GR CH CH Bournhall's Black Angus? EIC Clear, heart Clear, OFA Good and elbows Excellent. He is throwing some big pups and a good majority of very dark chocolates. (Bournhall's Nutmeg Consellation and CH Dickendall Arnold are the parents.

Breeder 14
How about GR CH CH Bournhall's Black Angus? EIC Clear, heart Clear, OFA Good and elbows Excellent. He is throwing some big pups and a good majority of very dark chocolates. (Bournhall's Nutmeg Consellation and CH Dickendall Arnold are the parents.

Leeda,
Is Angus an Arnold son or a Clark son? Is he Optigen tested?

Thanks!
Ann

Grch Thornwoods Dressed to Thrill, 'Dandy'
Maritime Skyfire We Got a Situation, 'Conor'

Pedigree??
Breeder 14

Leeda,
Is Angus an Arnold son or a Clark son? Is he Optigen tested?

Thanks!
Ann

I'm quite sure Leeda didnt write that previous post! And she freely tells everyone that Angus is Optigen B, along with a lot of other stud dogs out there that are being used! At least she also tests for EIC, which some big-time breeders still don't do or believe in!

Bc
CH Bournhall’s Black Angus
Ch Big Sky’s Stone Kutter
Big Sky's Peacekeeper
Ch. Bellwether Progression JH
Maritime Skyfire We Got A Situation
Multiple BISS GCH CH Thornwood's Dressed To Thrill
UKC United Show Grand Champion Barefoot Diamond in the Ruff TD TDX CGC RN
Celtia’s Riverdance
Cedarwood’s Blazing Bandit
Cornerstone’s Daniel
Mirabelle WoodDuck Carbon Copy SH, WCI, WC, CGC
Banner’s No Line on the Horizon (prelims)
Epoch’s Bohemian Brew (prelims)
Quail Chase Sirocco (prelims)

BYC
CH Paradocs Obsidian
Am CH UCH SHR AGI Endeavor Piccadilly Gotta Wear Shades JH NA NAJ WC CGC TDI
Chablais Caid
Dalwater Martini at Rycroft
MBIS MBISS GCH CH Kaltrav Caribbean Cruise JH
CH Tabatha’s Adventure Score
BOSS CH Gateway's Paint The Town
Lochiel's Rhythm and Blues from Earthsea
Simerdown's Remington Dr Dre
Bonaventure's Dutch Master
Empress Clean Slate

That is a mistake up there as Angus 's Daddy is CH Dickendall Davaron Gable. Hips are also OFA Good. I also see that you left off the GRCH and is the only B/C with EIC and Heart that is one.

Actually, MBISS GCH Thornwood's Dressed To Thrill is a GCH as well.

Dandy is OFA Good/normal, EIC clear, Optigen A, Cardiac clear.

How is this NOT stud dog advertising ? I mean seriously, who can spin this so that it is not ?

breeder30
How is this NOT stud dog advertising ? I mean seriously, who can spin this so that it is not ?

Wasn't your New Years resolution to be kinder to your fellow breeder and leave the forum monitoring to Jill and Micheal?

Thanks, everyone, for all the great suggestions regarding a black Bc EIC stud dog .I've received many wonderful
suggestions which will be helpful The chocolate bitch isn't due to
come into heat until early Spring so I have time to check them out.

Gladys Rogers
Snowden Hill Labs

Thank who ever made the nice list. Finding a stud is hard, with chocolates even harder. Don't think this is adv. a dog, there are several out there, just does not mean they are the right dog for your program. That each of us have to decide. I will still always use an Optigen B or a EIC carrier with my CLEAR females. Just don't breed to clearances. The chocolates look great right now, lets keep it going.

Black stud dog ( Bc EIC clear )

Wow, another good post! I really needed this too!

from one chocolate breeder who is constantly striving to find the best possible Bc or C for my breeding program, I appreciate any information on this forum I can get. Not all available stud dogs have ads posted on this forum every month so if there is a chocolate or BC stud dog not actively being campaigned, it's nice to know who they are.
By the way, from the looks of the chocolate dogs posted on the add this month, their breeders should be very proud of the great job they are doing in their breeding program !!!!

breeder30

I think this is hardly relevant in view of the fact that there are several websites who talk openly about pedigrees and stud dogs. For Wiscoy to stay current, it would probably be wise for Jill to allow such discussions on this forum. I'm not talking about disparaging remarks about specific dogs but I see nothing wrong with general discussions such as the OP started above.

breeder30

As long as no one is extolling the merits of or discussing the qualities of these dogs, I don't see it as advertising;it is merely a list of dogs that are both Bc and EIC clear. Neither one of these things makes a dog worthy or not worthy of being used at stud, and this info is freely available on the web. Each bitch owner needs to decide what other qualities, pedigrees, clearances, breed style, etc. they require, but at least it gives them a place to start looking, given these two factors.

BISS AM CAN CH Paradocs Obsidian. Love this boy!!!!

breeder30

I think this is hardly relevant in view of the fact that there are several websites who talk openly about pedigrees and stud dogs. For Wiscoy to stay current, it would probably be wise for Jill to allow such discussions on this forum. I'm not talking about disparaging remarks about specific dogs but I see nothing wrong with general discussions such as the OP started above.

I agree!

Byc: WigWag's Blue Whale

Thornwoods Dressed the Thrill joins the ranks of others SOLD OVER SEAS!!! Stephen Wu announced it on facebook this morning.

one more
Byc: WigWag's Blue Whale

Do you know if he is EIC clear?

One of the reasons why I discourage discussing various stud dogs, etc on this forum , is that these discussions can, and very often do , morph into something else, and before you know it, people also start discussing various **things** that the before mentioned stud dogs throw. Discussing color is one thing, but we all know that it often does not end there.

Once I see one of these posts, I need to keep an eye on it in order to make sure the thread isn’t going down that slippery slope.

I believe that Gladys asked for private emails.

-Jill

if we truly believed in posting our dogs clearances, we would be able to search the Labra database by "testing results" for either EIC, Optigen, Cardio, CERF etc.

I have used this as a tool for years in Bernese Mtn dogs and it is right there for everyone's viewing.....
still it is easy to "read between the lines" when things are missing on potential sires. Since everything is vetted by the site administrators and proof required, you can 99.9% believe most of what you see.

Although this is not the question in this post, it is still best to have hands on the dogs, and not breed to a picture or the dog of the day

me
I absolutely LOVE Mason, but not everyone wants to pick one of the MOST used studs around. ;)

I think Gladys asked for a list proven studs. I think proven implies she wants something a bit more tested.

Did anyone consider dogs who have been frozen?

Was Aaron BC?

Many of the dogs of yesterday that were frozen were not EIC tested (primarily because the test did not exist at that point). The OP inquired about dogs that are Bc and EIC clear.

good point....I wonder if the owners know the EIC status, or what it likely is, just by knowing the pups from the tested girls they may have been bred to.

Frozen wrote: "I wonder if the owners know the EIC status, or what it likely is, just by knowing the pups from the tested girls they may have been bred to."

It would be close to the same as in any recessive trait. I don't think that you could know for sure if a sire of pups was clear just by testing his pups, even if the dams of the pups were clear. You'd have to have a whole LOTTA puppies to statistically prove it that way and there would still be some chance for error. Consistently carrier pups to only clear bitches would point to him being affected, but clear pups could come from him being a carrier in a small to medium sample. All affected pups from one carrier bitch in a small sample could mean that he was affected OR that he was a carrier and the genetic "dice" just rolled that way. I am not an epidemiologist or statistician, so I don't know what sample size would be needed to be pretty darn sure of the guesstimate of the EIC test status of frozen assets.

At one point, I thought laboratories could test semen for this trait, but I may be wrong. It also may not be worth wasting it if there are limited amounts.

Charlotte K.

At one point, I thought laboratories could test semen for this trait, but I may be wrong. It also may not be worth wasting it if there are limited amounts.

Frozen semen can be tested. Easy to do and only 1 straw needed.

Sue Puff