Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brown and Judges

Three judges: Mary Ann Alston, Judith Brown, Nancy Gallant.

Any one have chocolate and have shown to them?

Re: Brown and Judges

I haven't entered under Judith Brown or Nancy Gallant, but my recommendation for Mary Ann Alston is "don't bother". I have seen her pass on some really nice dogs for dogs that were cow-hocked, gay-tailed, soft topline, and harsh head/expression with handlers. She was also the most unhappy judge I've ever seen in the ring. She never once cracks a smile and she handled the puppies I saw very rough; instead of making their first ring experience a good experience. She is a big-time GROUCH!

Brown
Three judges: Mary Ann Alston, Judith Brown, Nancy Gallant.

Any one have chocolate and have shown to them?

Thanks good to know. I have a young male and it's not worth showing to a judge like that.

Isn't it sad we still have to ask questions like that. Will they put up a chocolate ? They look the best they ever have and still some just don't give them a fair shake.

No joke.

If that is Judith Brown from Texas, I take a handling class with her. I have a young bitch and Judy is the most wonderful person. She always has a smile on her face and is very gentle and patient with my girl (& me, I am just learning). I love her class, have never shown under her but this is my personal experience. Hope that this is okay to post

Yes, that's her, and my research shows that's she's given chocolates more than just their class wins....so I'll probably pick the day she's judging at.