Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Good Stories at WKC Show

Hi Everyone:

After the next issue of the LRC Quarterly News, which will come out right after WKC Show, I'll be moving on to a new job with the club, and a new Editor will take over this club's publication. I hope you will help my last wish as Editor come true....tons of special interest stories about Westminster!

I'm going to the show as Official Press with a photographer who will make his candids available to anyone who wants them once he's processed them and posted on his web site. He's done this before,and always shares his photos for free. Many of you know him from Facebook, so look for John Owren and his big camera.

I'll be doing a photo essay for sure on the Labs attending. But I'm also looking for stories. You might have some great ideas, but some of my ideas are:

Juniors Showing Labs.

Littermates In The Ring (in fact, I'd be interested in the history of littermate Labradors who have been in the ring at WKC at the same time. if anyone can supply me with this history, I'd be very appreciative.

Multiple Titled Labradors in the ring at WKC.

Oldest in the Ring (hey....can be DOG or HUMAN)

Youngest in the Ring (same as above...)

Or maybe YOU want to write something about your experience attending this show...where you stayed, when you got there, how you got there, general impressions....fun/no fun....where you ate...people you got to meet that maybe you always wanted to meet. I remember one year I attended and Gladys Rogers came (Snowden Hill Labradors...remember Mailer and Good Time Charlie?) ...she hadn't been in YEARS for health reasons. When she arrived it was like a New York celebrity came in...people who hadn't seen her in years as well as people who only knew her as legend flocked around to hug her and chat. It was fun to watch. Have any of you witnessed something like this and want to share the warmth of the moment? Or did you get to meet a dog you've always wanted to meet and this was THE SHOW where it happened for you? It can all be part of a story.

Are you taking a class dog since it's open to dogs who haven't finished but have majors? What do you think about this, keeping in mind everything old is new again. Maybe you showed WAY BACK WHEN this was done before and want to share?

Or anything you think is interesting about a dog...yours or somebody else's.

This will be a 'new' show and an 'old' show for all of us this year in a new venue. Maybe some of you want to send me impressions of how the new place stacks up and how you manage it all. Maybe you will go again if it's on the Piers and maybe you won't...tell us why you think so.

I'd like to thank anyone here who has sent me ideas, comments, photos and articles over the years for this publication. I can't even remember how many years I've worked my best to get each issue out on time and make them all reasonably interesting to read or thumb through. I hope the person who takes over the publication has as rewarding experience as mine has been, and probably will thanks to the Labrador community.

It won't be long now. I hope you all have your new duds picked out and are shining your shoes! See you at the show!

Robin Anderson
Editor, LRC Quarterly News
www.thelabradorclub.com
www.grampianlabs.com

Re: Looking for Good Stories at WKC Show

Sounds exciting! Have fun at the show; what a great way to see the action!

Thank you for your MANY years at LRC News. I greatly appreciate all the hard work you put into it for all that time. I'm looking forward to the WKC issue (I have never been to the show. Came close one time when my dear friend's Cairn qualified but the breeder opted not to go... )