Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2 Labs at Blairstown, NJ Animal Hospital

F/Y/I - 2 10 year old yellow Labs were brought to Blairstown Animal Hospital to be euthanized because their humans are moving to Europe. I was told they were scheduled to be euthanized yesterday but that some of the staff begged the vet to give them time to find a home. If anyone can find it in their heart, home, kennel, etc. to help these unfortnate Labs, please e-mail me. I have no idea who the breeder is. I do not have a relationship with this animal hospital ... maybe someone in the Skylands club can call there since they hold their health clinic there.

Re: 2 Labs at Blairstown, NJ Animal Hospital

Is there information that can be supplied to a reputable rescue? There are some that post on Facebook like Save A Lab and For the Love of Labs. Is that an option? If I didn't have 4 of my own I would help out.

Unfortunately I'm just seeing this now. I have a good relationship with all the folks at Blairstown as do a number of breeders in our club and I can tell you they have called me and others in the past when a Lab has been brought in.

I will reach out to them for more information.

I'm curiuos, how did you hear about this?

Hi Donna and "Reader" - LRCP Rescue informed me that it was posted on their FB page. I went to the page and saw photos of the dogs .. 1 is definately a Lab, hard to see the other dog. I believe they have until Tuesday. Donna - please privately e-mail if you learn any info. Thanks for responding.

I put them on my FB page (Marjorie Brooks Lipson) if you would like to see photos.

Hi Marjorie,

The office manager is off today, but I spoke to one of the receptionists at Blairstown, she said they have several people interested in the dogs and that's probably why we weren't contacted. They know to contact me if those potential homes fall through. I think these dogs will be okay.

Thanks for posting!
Donna

Thank you for the update.

Thanks Donna

This made my night! So glad to hear a happy ending!