Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ads Posters

Sorry in advance if this has already been answered... but the spotlight ads are just gorgeous... does everyone do their own? Does someone design for you? If so, who? These ads are just beautiful!

Re: Ads Posters

I agree, they are beautiful. I just wish that they all had pedigrees in the ads and that they weren't so wide as I have to scroll sideways and up and down to see the entire ad.

They are mainly done by one person. Other creative people do their own, but mostly one person is doing them.

I also agree - beautiful, but it's really hard sometimes to find a link to a pedigree or website or anything. If the 3-gen pedigrees were still used, it would be much nicer. And a black dog on a black background is striking, but it's really hard to see what the dog actually looks like,so a lot is lost with the artsy look.

Who??? DO you have a website??? I would love to see their work!

http://lenna-photography.weebly.com/design.html

The websites are listed on every one of the spotlight ads, I believe.
Any other information (further pedigrees, OFA links, more photos, pictures of their offspring, etc) will be on the websites for you to check into if seriously interested in a stud dog.

The spotlight ads are just meant to give an initial "taste" of a stud dog, IMHO.

I think one of the things I liked about Jill's format is that they always included a pedigree and the photos were larger. I don't need to waste bandwith by going to a site if I don't like the pedigree. Jill's format was very simple, yet elegant. The posters are eye-catching and beautiful, but I'd really rather just see the dog. That's jmo.

Design By Lenna

Any other information (further pedigrees, OFA links, more photos, pictures of their offspring, etc) will be on the websites for you to check into if seriously interested in a stud dog.

The spotlight ads are just meant to give an initial "taste" of a stud dog, IMHO.

"Waste bandwidth"? Really?
SMH.....

Agree
I think one of the things I liked about Jill's format is that they always included a pedigree and the photos were larger. I don't need to waste bandwith by going to a site if I don't like the pedigree. Jill's format was very simple, yet elegant. The posters are eye-catching and beautiful, but I'd really rather just see the dog. That's jmo.

Design By Lenna

xibitor
"Waste bandwidth"? Really?
SMH.....

Yes, some of us out in the country do still have limited bandwidth!]

Yes they are artistic and very lovely, but that is not what I am looking for. I want more information, bigger pictures and pedigrees. Previously, I alway took time to check each dog's pedigree and associated information. Sometimes that convinced me to take a closer look. With the the new ad style, unless the dog blows me away, I do not bother. I just go on to the next dog.

I think the new person doing the ads is not a breeder or dog person, so is looking at it from an artistic point of view and not what info breeders shopping for a stud dog want to see. People's attention span is limited, so if the info is not right there in front of them they may just move on, so for advertising a dog for stud better to have clearances and pedigree upfront rather than hoping someone will go to the website based on an artsey picture.

Ads Posters

I just found out that there is also another gal who does the ads... Sonja... does anyone have her information
Thanks

Never mind found that information

Maybe I haven't looked at all of them but I don't remember seeing any ads that DON'T have clearance and pedigree (at least parents) information on them?

Re:Spotlight Ads

It's interesting that some liked the newer format, while other didn't. I do agree that they cound have been a bit smaller in size. Not everyone has a wide screen monitor. I'll make adjustments next time.

I'm happy to do them either way.

While on the subject of The Spotlight Ads. How do most of you feel about running the 2fers as compared with the monthly Ads? I've been thinking of just running them 6 times a year.

-J