Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best place to stay for Hoosier LRC

I'm looking for suggestions for the best place to stay for the Hoosier LRC shows coming up. I've never been to these shows before and would appreciate input on the closest, safest and dog friendliest motels! Thanks in advance!

Re: Best place to stay for Hoosier LRC

Anyone??

Sorry, hope you get a response, but I haven't gone to Hoosier since they switched from the Terre Haute venue that was nice, outdoors, and relaxed - parking ringside , etc.. Now they are in a convention center that s HELL to get into, the show is pretty much handler-oriented, and traveling in the Midwest in February is never a sure thing. Wish they'd go back to when/where it used to be!

Shows have to make money or there would not be a Show. It is easy to sit back and judge but that move was for a reason, and not to punish you. As far as traffic we all attend shows many times a year and fight traffic, heck if you have a job you fight traffic everyday on your way to make a living. If you are capable of showing a sporting dog it should not hurt you to have to walk a bit to get to the ring. It is not possible anymore to find a site where you can park on top of the ring unless it is a tiny little Specialty in the middle of no where, and that show will not survive forever with the cost of everything going up. Of course the Clubs want you to come and they do everything possible to make it perfect for you. You need to go to any big market and just try and find a place that will rent to you and that has the other amenities that those attending dog show would desire. NOT EASY!! As far as handlers, really?! What makes the difference, all the Lab handlers I know, and I know most of them, are great people, they are doing a great job for those who can't handle their dogs. Shows need handlers to help the entry. I would beg them to come and bring all the client dogs they can! If you do not want to go to the Show then don't, I am sure they will miss you. I would think twice about bashing a Show, if you are able to dissuade even a few entries with your negativity, well then that could make the difference on that Club having the money to continue. Show committees work so hard, spending countless hours and their own money to put together a nice show. It would be so great if folks could wake up and say " I am so lucky to be alive, I am going to spend my time on Earth in a positive light, helping when I can and never trying to tear someone or something down". NOW, I know I will get kicked in the face for this comment because some will scream from the top of the roof "I am allowed an opinion"
yes you are, so why not send the Show Chairman, or Club President a note, offering your ideas and opinion, with your name.
That would be constructive!

Not anywhere super near the show grounds as it's not a good area. La Quinta at Keystone exit, Clarion, Quality Inn on east side are some suggestions.

Thank You breeder for your suggestions....am shocked that the previous 2 posters felt the need to respond the way they did.

There is a decent Red Roof on the South Side and on the North Side. Agree with the previous post not to try to stay near the Fairgrounds.

I'll be going to this show and showing my other breed, we're staying at the Red Roof Inn Indy South.

Hope to see you there, good luck!