Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
teeth

I have a 6 month old pup that has ONE tooth on her upper front that lays behind the lower set of teeth. Is this going to cause her a problem later in life as far as eating etc?

Re: teeth

No. She'll do just fine and never go hungry.

Thanks I was hoping to show her, guess that is out of the question now.

Teeth are the last thing judges should be caring about... I know of several dogs with one tooth miss aligned and they are finished Champions... If a judge is going to care more about teeth than structure dont show to them. Teeth arent the end of the world and she probably just chewed on the kennel while it was growing in... thats what mine did and she finished easy with 3 majors even. Dont be discouraged to show her if she is beautiful structurally. Judges dont look at teeth hard anyways and they will probably miss it. Good luck with her!!

You will probably want to keep an extra watch on the overall condition of the teeth on either side. It may affect the way tarter builds up in her mouth.

I have a boy who broke a top front and had to have it removed. I notice that even with lots of stuff to chew, he doesn't get the Canine next to the empty spot clean when he chews and requires more frequent dental cleanings.

worried
Thanks I was hoping to show her, guess that is out of the question now.

If puppy is correct in every other way, show her. It's one thing wrong. There are lots worse things. Take a look in another couple of months. You may be pleasantly surprised.