Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help with black stud

I have a yellow bitch (OFA good, clear elbows, heart cleared by auscultation but being echoed next month, Optigen B, EIC carrier) who is a tad long, a tad large for a bitch, and who needs a better topline (not bad now, but could be better). I have been searching for the right black male to breed to her but I'm coming up with a very short list. That's not to say there aren't a lot of handsome boys out there -- there are -- but either a clearance is missing or one of the clearances doesn't gel with my bitch or I'm concerned about a pedigree match. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for possible black boys who would fit my bill. In your opinion, who are the outstanding black males out there with the clearances I need?

I hope this isn't considered advertising or inappropriate... I just know with the size of our gene pool, I have to be overlooking a lot of nice boys.

Re: help with black stud

Leave your email address so people can respond to you.

Also do you want a boy who carries yellow or doesn't it matter?

I would love a BY litter but if the best boy is pure for black, I'll go there too. My email address is barb1@nycap.rr.com. Thanks!

breeder
Leave your email address so people can respond to you.

Didn't Jill comment on a very similar thread a week or two ago? She said she has to keep an eye on these types of threads because they can go down hill fast. I think she considers them borderline but allows them as long as they stay positive.

Unsolicited advertising of stud dogs is not proper on this forum. But, listing stud dogs with specific positive traits is a good thing I think. Especially since the particular qualities asked about are not as common in our breed as we would like.

As long as Jill approves, I would love to see suggestions for Optigen A, EIC clear dogs who are well balanced height to length, and not too tall or without excessive substance (not sure what OP meant by "tad large")...especially those who carry yellow.