Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pregnant girl has discharge

My girls was bred almost 5 weeks ago. Everything has been going great, until I noticed a long cloudy discharge from her this morning. No blood or change in personality should I be concerned? this is our first litter in a long time.

Re: Pregnant girl has discharge

When that happened to me it turned out my bitch had an infection in her uterus. She lost the pregnancy (if there even was one!) but she was fine after a round of antibiotics.

Concerned parent
My girls was bred almost 5 weeks ago. Everything has been going great, until I noticed a long cloudy discharge from her this morning. No blood or change in personality should I be concerned? this is our first litter in a long time.

As I first read this, I thought this was a parent writing about her pregnant daughter. And while I hope your DOG and her litter will be ok, we are not our dog's "parents".

I keep a diary on each of my girls from the day they are bred through whelping. I remember noting that on day 33 and 34 she had a small amount of a clear stringy discharge....no other symptoms. She whelped 7 healthy puppies on day 61 !! I hope this helps.

I thought this was a forum to ask questions, but I guess some people just have to be butt holes. Thank you for commenting I'm sure it helped this concerned dog caretaker, or is that wrong to say too!!

??
I thought this was a forum to ask questions, but I guess some people just have to be butt holes. Thank you for commenting I'm sure it helped this concerned dog caretaker, or is that wrong to say too!!

Yes, this is a dog breeder's forum. The way it was written, it sounds like a parent/daughter problem. He/She is the dog's owner, not the parent. He/She is a breeder. Be proud of what you do instead of trying to humanize animals and sound all cutesy about being a concerned dog owner/breeder. They are wonderful companions, but are not humans. We are all breeders/owners here.

?
??

Yes, this is a dog breeder's forum. The way it was written, it sounds like a parent/daughter problem. He/She is the dog's owner, not the parent. He/She is a breeder. Be proud of what you do instead of trying to humanize animals and sound all cutesy about being a concerned dog owner/breeder. They are wonderful companions, but are not humans. We are all breeders/owners here.

I don't see that at all in her post. What would give you the idea she was talking about a human? Who talks about the day their daughter was "bred"??

breeder
I don't see that at all in her post. What would give you the idea she was talking about a human? Who talks about the day their daughter was "bred"??

"Pregnant girl has discharge~Concerned parent"

Last I checked, when referring to ones self as a parent, you are talking about your human child. Since this is a breeder's forum, perhaps one might state, "pregnant bitch has discharge, Concerned breeder."

I don't see what you're speaking about either. It was a basic question about a bitch (answered by a few bitches).

When I see that in my girls( CANINE girls ) in case you people don't get it, my girls were pregnant. It's usually a bit stringy if the girl is standing up.

OP, I would still double check with your vet to be sure.

Many of us who love our dogs and treat them as family use such language. Semantics should not take away from the purpose of the post. I have seen similar in many of my bitches (note: not girls) over the years. All went on to have healthy litters. Unless you notice an odor or other signs develop, all should be ok. To be safe, it might be wise to consult your vet.