Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a well bred Frenchie puppy

I don't know where to begin, so maybe someone here can steer me in the right direction. My daughter has always wanted a Frenchie and her fiance` is looking to get her one. They are extremely responsible people, live in Jersey City and work in Manhattan. Anyone know a responsible breeder in the NE, or New England area that has healthy, good looking Frenchies? What health clearances should we be asking about for puppies, parents and relatives? Do they get eye cerfs at 7 weeks? My daughter is not looking to breed. They just want a well bred Frenchie and preferably tan.

Re: Looking for a well bred Frenchie puppy

I would start here http://frenchbulldogclub.org/ - it's their parent club where you can learn all about the Frenchie, etc.

Looks like they need to do some homework! Thanks!!

Are they planning to leave this poor little puppy alone all day while they work in Manhattan? Have a dog walker?

Why jump to these conclusions? My daughter and her boyfriend are very responsible people. I'm sure they have this figured out, or they would not be getting a dog. I want to thank the people that emailed me privately and gave me some very valuable information regarding the care and special needs of French Bull Dogs. I really appreciate it and so do my daughter and boyfriend. They have been researching Frenchies for a couple of years, but some of the info. was new to them. Thanks again!

re: Worried's reply

Dear Worried,

What in the world would make you jump to conclusions like that?
I agree with El - they are capable adults and will get all the pup's needs figured out. Be positive and/or helpful - not judgmental.

The sky isn't falling because someone else is getting a puppy and your not in charge.
Don't worry be happy!

I think we can rest assured that any puppy belonging to any of our El's family members would never be described as a "poor little puppy". Here's wishing your daughter much happiness with her lucky new addition. :)

Thank you to my friends and acquaintances that know me and my daughters will always take the best of care of any animal we own : )