Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sandylands Rose?

Does anyone remember all the donations that were supposed to go to the development of the Sandylands Rose in honor of Gwen Broadley? Does anyone have any idea whatever became of that ? I know that for every $20 donation you were supposed to get a special Sandylands Rose delivered to plant in your garden. It was a wonderful idea, but now I am out quite a bit of money and no rose bush. Does anyone know if this was just a scam?

Re: Sandylands Rose?

That is a good old memory jog! I forgot I donated more than $20 to Sylvia from France over 5 years ago for The Sandylands Rose. I also signed her book about Gwen Broadley.

So what happened to our money, the book and the roses we were to get? Has anyone heard anything? I sure hope we weren't scammed with someones pockets full of our donation dollars.

regulations? Re: Sandylands Rose?

How could the plant have been imported to the US? Would the USDA have allowed it in past the Beagle Brigade or would they have thrown it out if it was sent? One was supposed to pick it up at Crufts 2009, but I don't know how one could have gotten it into the US without a special arrangement.

Searching the web, I do see the Gwen Broadley rose, a Floribunda, listed, but no reference of where to get it now. It is also known as Evehorgold, a floribunda rose.

Supposedly a licensed rose grower in the UK with all necessary import qualifications was involved so US delivery was supposed to happen.

Wake up people! It's tax write-off time! A great endeavor in the WRONG hands!
Is this not FRAUD, I wonder...What would Gwen say if she knew how many horses and dogs her book and rose has bought someone!

first of all .. if any one has /had questions about the rose .. why not ask me or erica .. in her garden there are most of the roses = sandylands roses, and to me = exactly where they belong!! i dont have any rose here myself! neither does my friend ritva.. ..the idea that i took YOUR money?? and bought horses? wow .. quite a way of putting stories into the world! .. can the person who writes this please be honest and fair enough to mention his name! the rose is still there .. and to be exact= we had to pay over 750 euro for just having a rose named and grown/make/create/ register the name!!!, 20 rose plants came with it for free! all at sandylands garden .; if wanting one, one needed to order .. Ritva and I payed over 500 euro .. and to be even more exact .. from what i took/ recieved from USA was about 320 $ ( dollars!).. i have put the name/address etc for all to order the rose directly in UK .. lateron a breeder in UK had same address etc put on her HP! and about the book with wishes etc .. this is at Ericas home! offered to her .. signed by many, also by breeders in UK .. in the UK people could order the rose ..The money/contribution asked was for having the rose named/grown like mentionned befor! I have just been informed that someone is trying to get all sort of wrong and incorrect info about , accusing me of some "wrong-doing" and again without putting his real name on! But thats NOT NEW to me! Most of the time those who have the most to explain are those who dont dare to put on their name! more info needed, feel free to contact me ..

Your story is good Sylvia. I know for a fact that you sold fake "Sandylands Roses" at the Crufts in 2009. You bought the (lookalike)roses in a florist shop on your way to Crufts. The whole thing stinks, well not the whole part, only your part.

sylvia liebrechts van peursem
,.. ..the idea that i took YOUR money?? and bought horses? wow .. quite a way of putting stories into the world! ...
. This is the first I have heard anything about using the money to buy horses.

This person is to be avoided. She steals your dogs besides scamming people out of their money. I speak from experience!

Folks remember that TIME PUTS EVERYONE IN THEIR PLACE! LOL!!!

A Cuba Libre would calm you down, I'm sure...

Advice
A Cuba Libre would calm you down, I'm sure...
Thank you anyway but I don't particularly like alcohol and certainly not rum. It wouldn't make this Southern Belle feel better about misrepresentation of the money that came out of my wallet for her games.

BTW; where did she go?

Back to the rose garden or stable?