Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raw Diet Web Site

Does a web site exist that focuses on how to effectively feed raw without wasting half its space bashing other feeding options? I just want practical, scientific, and logical information. No preaching. If raw diet really is superior, there should be no need to criticize other methods - the information should stand alone.

Re: Raw Diet Web Site

I'm not aware of a website to recommend to you. I think a lot of space is used to talk about why a raw diet is better/why a kibble diet is worse because most people want some justification for why they should work harder and spend more money to feed a raw diet when manufacturers of kibble have been telling us for years how great their food is and how it is scientifically formulated to meet every dog's needs. I have to think that when kibble first came out, they spent a good deal of time telling us how bad it was to feed table scraps.

I have been feeding raw for many years and am very pleased with the results. I absolutely believe it has improved the overall health of my dogs. It is more expensive and it is a lot more work. I understand that many people are very happy with kibble and that their dogs do well with it. No matter what you do in life, you will have people who agree with you and people who criticize you for what you are doing. People who feed raw have many negative things to say about kibble and people who feed kibble have many negative things to say about raw diets. You have to make the best choice for you and your dogs and ultimately, it is nobody else's business.

Raw Feeder
I'm not aware of a website to recommend to you. I think a lot of space is used to talk about why a raw diet is better/why a kibble diet is worse because most people want some justification for why they should work harder and spend more money to feed a raw diet when manufacturers of kibble have been telling us for years how great their food is and how it is scientifically formulated to meet every dog's needs. I have to think that when kibble first came out, they spent a good deal of time telling us how bad it was to feed table scraps.

I have been feeding raw for many years and am very pleased with the results. I absolutely believe it has improved the overall health of my dogs. It is more expensive and it is a lot more work. I understand that many people are very happy with kibble and that their dogs do well with it. No matter what you do in life, you will have people who agree with you and people who criticize you for what you are doing. People who feed raw have many negative things to say about kibble and people who feed kibble have many negative things to say about raw diets. You have to make the best choice for you and your dogs and ultimately, it is nobody else's business.

You are so right. Thank you.

Have you looked into the Yahoo groups? Mention kibble there, and well......

http://www.rawforpetz.com/

I don't think the above link is too preachy; there is some good info on her site and more on her facebook site (link is on the home page). My two were on raw from the above supplier for a few years. My stage 4 renal failure girl thrived on it and in fact, her kidney function improved to almost normal on raw, mainly green tripe with some meat mix added.