Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pups Bite is off

Would you other breeders be concerned if your 5 month old pups bite looks a little like an over bite? The new teeth are coming in and baby teet still there and he looks like he has buck teeth right now with just a smidge of an overbite. his bite was perfect at 10 weeks. Would you be concerned? Will all settle back to normal, probably?

Re: Pups Bite is off

Wouldn't concern me; bottom jaw bones are the last to grow, as a rule.

Wag the Dog (1)
Wouldn't concern me; bottom jaw bones are the last to grow, as a rule.

Good, I'll quit worrying, thank you

That period of time between baby teeth and full adult dentition is scary - I try not to look in their mouths at all during that time!

Nope, I wouldn't worry either at this point, I have had the exact same thing in my pups and they always come back. I know my lines really well though, I suppose there could be a slight chance it won't correct, but very unlikely on the average.

Check him/her at 9 months and a tear.

Good luck.

My current bitch had an overbite at that age. Disappeared once all the teeth came in!

A level bite. Have a very nice 6 month old boy here, adult teeth are mostly in and his bite has gone from correct to level. I am inclined to just let him grow and see how it goes, but if it stayed Level would you show him, he is lovely in every other way. I have seen a level bite at 18 months go to a correct bite at 2 in a boy before, but just wondering if you would show a dog with a level bite.