Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Shipping

I have not shipped a puppy in a VERY long time. I have someone from Canada that would like me to ship a puppy to them. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as what airline would be best to ship from Maryland (BWI) to New Foundland, Canada? Also, I have never shipped out of the US. Are there any additional requirements?

Thanks!

Re: Puppy Shipping

Each country that you are shipping to has their own requirements - both cargo or if you take pup with you on the plane. I would have the buyer check into Canada regulations directly (vaccination requirements, health checks, etc.)

Hi, Well this is interesting. I might be shipping a puppy to the same place.
Air Canada used to fly down here to the states as I have used to them to ship. To and from canada
I normally use United.. Well when you find an airline could you email me please.Thanks

I have called Alaska air Air Canada. I have used Air Canada for importing ,. Delta doesn't go there. United mentioned that Deerlake/ST Johns has a pet embargo as well as Quebec City.

United and Delta will ship to Montreal. which I knew. But my Newfoundland people cannot get down that far.So it seems to be impossible to get a dog up that way... If you/Breeder are successful finding an airline. The dog will need current shots and a veterinarian Health certificate with in 10 days.Of Departure.

This is where networking comes in - fly the dog to a point close where the purchaser has friends that can accept the puppy and put it on a flight to Newfoundland. Check if you are able to fly into Toronto, Halifax, etc. It's too bad you hadn't had it all put into place about 2 weeks ago. The Lab specialty just passed and there were breeders there from Newfoundland that may have been able to help you with transportation.