Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Learning about AI and collection

Does anyone have suggestions for how/where to learn more about semen collection, shipping, and AI (vaginal)? Are there seminars for this and who would put these on? Live in the south east, so would prefer something within driving distance.

Re: Learning about AI and collection

Do you have any other breeders you know who could help you? That's how I learned how to collect and inseminate. As far as shipping - if you can read directions and follow them to the letter, you're good to go!

There is an online class through coursera on Canine Therigenology. you've missed the first two weeks but it's free. The 4th week covers the male and semen so it may be just what you wanted. In addition the information is bountiful and there is a discussion forum so if you're questions aren't answered in the class, you probably can get the answer there.

https://www.coursera.org/course/theriogenology?utm_source=welcomeletter&utm_medium=email

Hands on learning through a mentor really is the way to go. Moons ago when I was new to the breed I was fortunate to be invited to breedings and whelpings. I learned so many valuble lessons that cannot be found in any book or video.