Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cracked foot pads

We live in soil that is alkaline and I thought we were having elbow problems with a young male. He is a totally different line than the one we have. My other dogs don't have cracked feet, I checked after catching this. I get cracked feet from the soil when I wear sandals.

I have been giving him Glucosamine for at least 3 months and was grooming him today and noticed his front feet are severely cracked. I had never even thought it could be his feet and was going to take him in this week for an x-ray. He is walking like his feet hurt now that I look at him, when he hurts. He is almost a year old and I thought it could be Pano but there hasn't been any swelling at the elbows and he still runs and jumps, plays like nothing is wrong some days.

Does anyone know what to put on cracked feet for dogs that they can lick or something that is safe for them to heal his feet? I put olive oil on them and would like to use some human foot healer cream and the bitter spray but don't know if this cream is safe for dogs.

Any other suggestions?

TIA

Re: Cracked foot pads

Musher's Secret ~ 100% natural waxes. I use it on my tender foot hunt test dog. I applied every night for 2 weeks and now 3x's weekly.

Thank you so much, Kathy!

One of our labs has a similar problem and by accident (desperation) I tried Penatene cream (used usually for babies' butts) and it works great. It's thick, stays on and he doesn't lick it after it's been rubbed in.