Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fish Oil

Started my girls on Fish oil supplement.
I am sure that there is better way to ask this .... however....
How long does it take to kick in?

Re: Fish Oil

what exactly are you looking for regarding the "kick-in" (i.e. coat, joints). What brand did you purchase and did you make sure it's "wild" fish and that it contains added Vit. E. The best (by far) is Lazers K9 Shine, second is SeaPet with Vit. E

Looking for supplement just for coat... sorry I should have explained
Thank you

What brand did you purchase? Liquid or capsules? It should take about 2 weeks to see results. I only recommend the 2 I stated above ... I've tried them all without any results until Linda C turned me on to Lazers and had good results with SeaPet.

I love Lazer's K9 Shine...it is the only fish oil that I would use....it is pure herring oil...nothing added !!

Where do you get the Lazer K9 shine?

http://www.lazers.biz/

I have several friends that also use the herring oil......we buy the 9 liter bottles and share the cost which breaks down to about $26 a liter .....which is much cheaper than purchasing just one bottle at a time. It stores well and can be kept for up to a year.

I have heard that it's not a good idea to buy liquid fish oil (as opposed to capsules) in large quantities because it goes rancid once it is opened, unless you can keep the air out of the jar........ I even read about someone who put marbles in the bottle to keep the air out!