Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
keeping pups past 8 weeks

If a family has a vacation planned when it is time for puppy pick up, do you typically charge board for the 10-14 days past pickup date? I do, but it is minimal at $10 per day. Wondering what everyone else does? Thanks.

Re: keeping pups past 8 weeks

I have never charged for additional days. It hasn't happened but a few times, but I have never charged for extra time. If it became longer than a week or two then I may consider it.

I wouldn't charge board, I would just consider it extra luvin time for me.

I do not charge for the first week( give a day or 2) after that it is $10/day. if the puppy stays more than 2 weeks, then there is an extra charge for shots and other vet care.

I kept one puppy an extra week. I didn't charge. They should pick up any expenses if shots are due during that time. But I do charge for boarding if they come back. $25 a day.

I just did that for two. Familys on vacation. I sure don't want them to board a pup. I did not charge anything. And both had a second shot. Guess, it depends on the price up front. And like someone said, the extra play time.

Anything less than a month, I do not charge for boarding. If there is a vet visit/shots, yes that is passed on.

I had one owner "board" the pup for one year, as his wife was dying of brain cancer, but he wanted one of my pups. that also included of course house training, hunt training and everything else, including showing the pup.