Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top Winning Labradors

I'm researching the history of Labrador Retrievers in the show ring. Who are the dog and bitch with the most Best In Shows? And who are the top winning dog and bitch based on breed points accumulated in one year?

It appears that the answers in both cases are Buzz and Puffin.

Any other suggestions ?

Re: Top Winning Labradors

In the past it might be interesting to see. But these days the top dog is the one with a handler and the owner with the most money to keep the dog showing. To me, it just does not mean as much. I am more inpressed with a Ch and a dog who also has working titles.

History Buff
I'm researching the history of Labrador Retrievers in the show ring. Who are the dog and bitch with the most Best In Shows? And who are the top winning dog and bitch based on breed points accumulated in one year?

It appears that the answers in both cases are Buzz and Puffin.

Any other suggestions ?

I believe this is correct (?)

Most BIS lifetime - Buzz - CH Aquarius Centercourt Delight JH
Most BIS in a year - Puffin - CH Lobuff's Puffin at Hollyridge
Most Specialty Wins - Puffin - CH Lobuff's Puffin at Hollyridge
Most Breed Points lifetime - Aaron - AM PR BDA CH Tabatha's Rollick At Carrowby JH,CD,CGC,WC
Most Breed Points in a year - Lacey - CH Sunspots Lace Em Up JH WC

According to Canine Chronicle Buzz had 17690 points in 2005 and also in 2005 Puffin had 6141 points. In 2006 Lacey had 4852 points.

The CC online records start with 2001.

History Buff
According to Canine Chronicle Buzz had 17690 points in 2005 and also in 2005 Puffin had 6141 points. In 2006 Lacey had 4852 points.

The CC online records start with 2001.

You are comparing all breed points (group) with breed points (within the breed or BOB)

In 2005 Puffin had 3566 breed points (BOB) and in 2006 Lacey had 4852 breed points (BOB)

The site is confusing - you go to search for breed points and end up with them showing you all breed points for some reason!

Buzz's 17690 points are all breed points too - he had a whole lot of group 1's and BIS that year!!! I think he was in the top ten sporting dog for that year.

"I am more inpressed with a Ch and a dog who also has working titles."

I agree. Some of the dogs winning would not know what it is to work. Not to mean those winners previously listed.

And some working dogs look nothing like a Labrador Retriever should...

Donna

I agree. Some of the dogs winning would not know what it is to work. Not to mean those winners previously listed.

Two sides to every coin

Donna

That I agree on! I have a fun story to tell. Some years ago a field trial chocolate Labrador bitch was in the waiting room of getting her CERF. Another dog breeder walked up to her owner and said, what a lovely looking Vorsteh bitch you got there! The owner was like, thank you but she's a Labrador! LOL so as you can see she didn't look anything like a Labrador, but a great field trial dog she was and is!

This is getting very confusing. Are BISS counted along with the BIS? and where does one look to find breed points?

Two sides to every coin

Donna

And some ( getting more unfortunately ) Labradors in the ring don't look like they could do a days work at all, where an earth has the length of leg gone. Watching 2 imported from North America to our country both in the Open dog and they look like 6 month old dogs. And why is the fatter the better, what happened to the moderate dog they should be.

History Buff
This is getting very confusing. Are BISS counted along with the BIS? and where does one look to find breed points?

BISS is a win at the breed level so it is breed points. BIS is a win at the group level/best in show level so it is called all breed points (since winning group or best in show defeats dogs of other breeds.)

All breed points count placement in group and BIS points for dogs defeated.

Breed points count winning BOB (including going BISS since it is only one breed of dog and is a BOB win) and how many dogs of that specific breed were defeated in winning that BOB

Canine Chronicle has both available but it seems to switch after the first look from breed points to all breed points so each time you search for breed points you have to start at the beginning. I believe that Dog News only shows all breed points (group placements and BIS wins)