Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pano Treatment?

Had a guy over the weekend that shows giant breeds tell me to give my puppy with pano Magnesium Phosphate? I looked it up this morning and the first thing I seen was magnesium is used as a laxative? The last thing I need is a puppy with loose stools on the road with me!

Has anyone heard of using this for Pano before? I am just tossing this out there. He was being helpful and has shown dogs for years. I know my pup needs to grow up and thru pano!

Re: Pano Treatment?

I do know that with humans taking straight Calcium, it will constipate, but Calcium with Magnesium will then not constipate. I would ask my Vet.anyhow.

Re: Pano Treatment?

I have taken Magnesium Salycilate (considered an NSAID) for my own sciatic pain. It helped for a few days and then stopped working. Sold as a supplement for extreme back pain. Mag Phos in homeopathic form is a remedy for sciatic type of pain, back pain (one of many remedies). Mag Sal. is what is found in Doans Pills, extra strength.

Right now I taking Magnesium in a higher dosage (supplement, not homeopathic)to help with some pain, it helps a little bit. Check with your Vet first.