Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pop up menu creator

I am quite displeased with the newest pop up menu creator.

I had version 4, which worked great, and easy for me to edit until I up-dated my exployer.

So I had to get the newer version, and I hate it.

Its too hard to use. I did figure out that i could import my menus from version 4, but i am having such a hard time editing, and makeing the menus work. Sometimes the links work, and sometimes they do not. And when they do work, they are flickering,not moving smoothly.

Also, I cannot find out where to change the text color for the description box. This is nothing like verstion 4.

I am just checking to see if anyone else has these problems and what are you doing.

Re: pop up menu creator

The new version is a nightmare.

I quit using it on my webpages, and I've now begun to see it *acting up* on other websites. Chrome and IE handle them differntly. If people have pop up blocker set on IE they won't work at all, and many people aren't computer savey enough to know how to disable the pop up blocker.

Bottom line for me is that is has become more of a problem than an asset.

-Jill

So what's a decent alternative? I've also had problems with this utility.

I've used a few from Dynamic Drive. If you build with html or CSS, they seem to work well. I used to use PopUp Menu when I had my PC, but now with Mac, it doesn't work, so I've used Dynamic Drive on occasion.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html

I had the same one you're talking about and most of the sites I've made are having problems. I am now doing most of them over the old fashion way. Good luck finding a good yet user friendly.

Beverley
I had the same one you're talking about and most of the sites I've made are having problems. I am now doing most of them over the old fashion way. Good luck finding a good yet user friendly.

I noticed 2 you built having a problem from this program. I will email you to tell you which ones Bev. I noticed they began acting up a couple of months ago.

What a pain in the neck for a webmistress or webmaster that works hard to get things just right.

Have you tried AllWebsMenu Pro?

Easy 1-2-3 steps to add a pop-up menu on any website:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6585144_display-popup-menu.html

I am having so many problems with the anoxy pop up menu creator, I am witts end.

Can you please tell me what your are using instead of the pop up menu creator.

I have sent several e-mails to Anoxy, but no returns.

thank you,