Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone still having issues with ProPlan?

Back in April a few of you were having problems with ProPlan. Is that still the case? If so, what have you switched to?

Re: Anyone still having issues with ProPlan?

Never had any problems here. Still using ProPlan and very happy with it.

We used it for adults & pups for 18 mo.'s. We haven't since we found they had dry, overly harsh coat and lots less coat while on it.

We switched to Kirkland Chicken, Rice and now it has vegatables food and never had those problems again. We took one chance again, tried Pro Plan Puppy with a very large litter 3 years ago. The puppies ran smaller then average size for ours and their coats were dull, black or yellow.

So maybe we used it when it had problems but we won't use it ever again.

I'm sorry we don't have the answers u are looking for.

Never had any issues with Proplan, in April or now.

I am also not having any issues with Pro Plan, and haven't ever. No recalls either.

Have been feeding proplan for years tried other foods came back to proplan. I don't feed shred as it took twice as much food to keep same weight on dogs. My current litter is on puppy and doing great not under sized at all?? Not every dog will do good on every food. I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Switched puppy at 4 months to Pro Plan. Wished I had dam and puppies on Pro Plan from the start.

breeder/tech.
Have been feeding proplan for years tried other foods came back to proplan. I don't feed shred as it took twice as much food to keep same weight on dogs. My current litter is on puppy and doing great not under sized at all?? Not every dog will do good on every food. I figured if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I agree! If your dogs are doing great on this and that food, don't switch. I have been feeding my dogs Pro Pac for years. Never ever had a problem but was always reading about other foods that was suppose to be better. I never switched and am happy I didn't. I've had great coats, stool and I get great health results.
Not all dogs do great on all foods

We have raised many litters over the years, and fed our adult dogs and puppies pro plan, and no issues.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Very much appreciated :)

I have fed ProPlan since it was first available. When they changed to shredded I put every one on Performance. Have raised multiple litters on it over the past five years. Have never had any coat, weight, digestive problems at all. I'm one of the "don't fix it, if it ain't broke"
club. Only way I would change is if there was a recall.

Have an 18 mo girl with a friend. It is her 3rd dog from me. She forever jumps on the band wagon with any new food. She called me about a month ago saying her girl was having digestive problems and poorly formed stools. At last I said, "For Pete's sake! Will you quit screwing around with all these designer dog foods and put her back on ProPlan Performance!" She laughed, but went out and got a bag. Her girl is now doing well again.

Breeder
Have an 18 mo girl with a friend. It is her 3rd dog from me. She forever jumps on the band wagon with any new food. She called me about a month ago saying her girl was having digestive problems and poorly formed stools. At last I said, "For Pete's sake! Will you quit screwing around with all these designer dog foods and put her back on ProPlan Performance!" She laughed, but went out and got a bag. Her girl is now doing well again.
You are so right. I have a friend with 2 dogs of mine, all lost bone and look weedy, but she loves to preach Blue Buffalo. She was telling someone else about BB and I had to pull them aside later and tell them absolutely not. I have a new puppy family on BB, that company has the best marketing and the worst results.