Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breeders seminar at Potomac

We are planning to present a seminar for breeders at Potomac this year on Monday. It will be presented by Mary Wiest of Beechcroft Labradors. We would like a show of interest to help us plan for it so please reply if you would like to attend. We have had many requests for this type of seminar and are very excited to host this. We are still in the planning stages so I won't have detailed information yet. Look forward to hearing from you!!
Traci Stintzcum

Re: Breeders seminar at Potomac

Will you be having any breeders that work their dogs to advanced hunting titles as well as getting their CHs?

I would be interested in their thoughts on what constitutes a well bred/structured Lab.

I'll email you Traci. Glad they're bringing back this wonderful option. It's been missed along with other things.

By advanced hunting titles, are you talking those that come after the dog's name, or before? Just curious....

Greg Lynch - Kellyn Labs
By advanced hunting titles, are you talking those that come after the dog's name, or before? Just curious....

To tell you the truth I'd like to see breeders of Labs that have an AFC/FC before their names as well as those whose dogs consistently get Ch and MHs.

Or even other advanced performance titles, OTCH, MACHs etc

I think it would an interesting discussion of form vs function.

Would definitely be interested if it is in the evening. Thanks.

I would also be very interested if it were evening.

I would also be interested if it were to be in the evening.

They usually have them on Monday during the Daytime. They're fairly long, break for lunch and back for more or a 2nd. Maybe they can change it if that many need the evening. Let Traci know. I would email her.

It doesn't matter to me. Either way was worth it in the past.

I would attend IF it were in the evening, preferably not Monday. I use Monday to drive to MD, because the show starts Tuesday.
I realize that some use the entire week as their vacation, however I do not.

xibitor
I would attend IF it were in the evening, preferably not Monday. I use Monday to drive to MD, because the show starts Tuesday.
Who uses it as a vacation? It isn't a vacation, it's hard work and tiring usually. If the show is on Tuesday to Friday when will they have a seminar if not the Monday they always used? At night after a day of showing? That would be almost impossible.

Funny, people manage to get to Trivia night, Karaoke and the Gala after "a day of showing".
;)

No vacation
xibitor
Who uses it as a vacation? It isn't a vacation, it's hard work and tiring usually. If the show is on Tuesday to Friday when will they have a seminar if not the Monday they always used? At night after a day of showing? That would be almost impossible.

The Potomac is WORK .. especially if you have a herd with you .. I always figure that the party people must only have one dog and YES I am jealous that I don't have time to party along with them .. after all, isn't the show all about networking as well??