Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dutch Labrador Club (NLV) against reoccurring names in a three-generation pedigree !!

It is going from bad to worse... the NLV (Dutch Labrador Club) don’t seem to understand line breeding is HOW you develop a unique breed and how you keep exceptional type.
http://labradornet.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/the-nlv-and-linebreeding/

Re: Dutch Labrador Club (NLV) against reoccurring names in a three-generation pedigree !!

There is an alarming increase in the animal rights movement in the UK/Europe. It became known (to those in the US who have dealt with it for over 20 years) when the extremely biased and emotionally manipulative shockamentary "Pedigreed Dogs Exposed (PDE)" was released. Make no mistake about it, the group behind this film want to END your rights to breed. They go about it a bit differently than they do here in the states as our laws are different, but most people in Europe love their dogs and love animals in general. So they appeal to the emotional side of animal lovers and produce films such as PDE to start turning the public against breeders. They say it's for the health and well-being of the dogs to change the breed standards and breeding practices. I really despise that claim as it is a loaded phrase. Think about just exactly who is going to determine what is best for your dogs and your breeding program? The breeder who has invested years, decades even? Or some self-appointed "expert" will little to no actual knowledge of breeding or animal husbandry? Look at the debacle at Crufts last year. The breeders and KC felt they were doing the right thing after public outrage over the film and so they went along with "but it's for the health and well-being" of your dogs. Some really good dogs were disqualified for superficial reason, none of which had to do with the health and well-being of the dogs. They were disqualified by biased, animal rights leaning general practitioner Veterinarians.

No one wants to seem like they don't have their dogs' best interest in mind, but when they get sold this bill of goods and are told what's best for their dogs they get stuck with this nonsense. I have a strong feeling that those who are wanting to ban linebreeding in Dutch Labradors are being fed this BS of "but it's for the dog's health and well-being" from animal rights groups in Europe who masquerade under the guise of welfarist. I see it time and time again and I see the people in the UK and Europe just follow like sheep. Maybe it's their culture of remaining compliant, but it's time to wake up. Animal Rights groups don't just want to end all breeding in the US, but worldwide.

Re: Dutch Labrador Club (NLV) against reoccurring names in a three-generation pedigree !!

This article is interesting to say the least. It is one small step from fascism. How insane is it that a registry is taking upon themselves to control how a breeder chooses to use pedigrees and genetics. Very peculiar.