Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Show time

Well, I see the kennel in Fla had their own show again. Can't loose that way. Just interesting.

Re: Show time

Enough for a show
Well, I see the kennel in Fla had their own show again. Can't loose that way. Just interesting.

It's "lose" by the way. And really, why should we care? I know a lot of breeders of rarer breeds who often rally together dogs they own/co-own and go to certain shows so that there will be points and/or majors. It's foolish to show up and be the only dog. I have no problem with breeders who bring their points/build their own majors.

Besides, shouldn't we be breeding to the dogs themselves and not their title?

I met the people last winter in Florida - the family and the associates. They were very polite, friendly, out going and best of all hey had really nice yellow Labs. I never met a better group of people, sincerely interested Labs. If it were not for them it would be hard to find a major with the exception of Brookville Cluster.

Additionally, I think the competitors enjoy competing with them.

We made some really good lasting friends "Rosie" in the group of associates. Rather than approach the subject from a negative side - look at all the good they do for the breed in the deep, deep south! And, do they know how to show a dog.

And, again, a very nice group of people.

Good for you "So What" Breed for the dogs attributes not the titles!

Enough for a show
You look green with envy and I don't even know who you are talking about. Try a different color smile next time.

If no one else showed up to make a major then it's good the kennel did, whoever they are (thinking the big one in Maryland or N.Y. upstate?).

Did you attend the show? If there is no way to |lose| spelled correctly, what is 4th place? Nothing towards finishing a Championship. Even a class win doesn't give you points. Is it that kennel's fault no one else showed up? I guess I don't understand your gripe. What is your point?