Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mast cell tumors

Has anyone heard of using immune boosting treatments for mast cell tumors ? We have had multiple surgeries on one of our dogs to remove tumors. Now there are small but a number of them on her. So surgery is not practical anymore. Looking for other options..........

Re: mast cell tumors

Maybe this person's experience will help: http://donnaandthedogs.com/mysteries-of-the-mast-cell-tumor-part-2/

Re: mast cell tumors

Do you know what grade your dogs tumors are? It's an important piece of info to know.

I have a boy who has recently had a low grade 2 removed. We did do additional pathology which indicated it was a non aggresive tumor but as a precautionary measure I've put him on a grain free diet and added fish oil to help boost his immune system.

I take him to the vet to do periodic body checks for additional tumors and saw my vet last weekend. While I wouldn't necessarily take this as absolute in every case, she was telling me that her cancer consultant has said that it seems like the grade 1's will consistently pop up again and again but always as a grade 1. A grade 1 has a very good survival rate.

There's lots of info on holistic diets and supplements out there if you google canine mast cell tumor.