Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Earthborn food

Anyone feeding Earthborn Holistic Puppy food to their litters? How did pups do on the food? Issues? TIA

Re: Earthborn food

I have fed Earthborn Coastal Catch Grain Free to all my dogs for the past two years (since Natura was sold). I also feed the puppy version to my litters. My dogs love the taste, and by using Earthborn I solve issues of dogs who have GI problems--such as irritable bowel with bloody diarrhea and perianal fistulas. The cost is moderate considering that it is a high-end food.

Earthborn is still a family-owned business and all products are made in the US at their own factory. A local family-owned business delivers to me. I feel strongly about supporting local and family-owned businesses.

I have used my real name and email address because I would never trust a recommendation from a person who did not have the courage to use their name and be open to questions. At the same time I suggest that you consult a local distributor about their experiences selling the food.

Yes, I used it with a litter a couple of years ago and liked it.
Will be using it again shortly.

How does Earthborn puppy compare to Fromm Large Breed puppy, Acana LB Puppy and Taste of the Wild - Pacific Salmon for puppies? I look for slow even growth, which I got with the TOTW, but it was very rich when weaning them, so was also researching others.

mary
How does Earthborn puppy compare to Fromm Large Breed puppy, Acana LB Puppy and Taste of the Wild - Pacific Salmon for puppies? I look for slow even growth, which I got with the TOTW, but it was very rich when weaning them, so was also researching others.
I know nothing about the brands you mentioned. I do use Blue Buffalo Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice now and for a while. It's small bite kibble so I don't worry about choking altho I grind initially with a food processor to make a pastey, thinner beginner food. I then soak with a little warm water after 6-7 weeks in warm water. At 4 to 5 months I wean onto the adult version with no difficulty. I don't like to grow my pups too fast. Since on BB, my pups are 2 to 3 lbs larger at 8 weeks then all prior litters with lots of muscle not fat. I used Pro Plan Puppy prior. I ordered BB recently, several bags, free shipping for $47.99 a bag minus a 15% off sale. I think it was at chewy.com. All foods and goods were 15% off. Locally they get $64 a bag for BB

I wouldn't go grain free in any food with puppies but it's all your choice.

mary

Really no comparison.. Fromm Puppy food has text book levels of Max and mins. on the Vitamins and minerals, fats and proteins.. Especially the Pink Bag Puppy food.

Fromm Pink Bag Puppy Gold is feed trialed for All Life Stages. Feed trials prove a food works. Not any of the Earthborn foods have been subjected to trials. They are formulated. Why the AAFCO allows this is strange.