Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nutri Source

I have been looking for a grain-free potato free food, and came across nutri source. I am wondering if anyone has been using this food and how have your labs been doing on it. I currently am feeding Origen, but the store I usually get it at has been having issues getting it delivered.

Re: Nutri Source

No experience with that food, but you may want to also check out Natures Variety Instinct, they do not use potatos in their formula. And also do not load up on peas or pea protein or all the other variations of peas which is another filler.

I have been feeding this food for a number of years to my Labradors and my Dalmatian. In addition I have friends who have been feeding it to Great Danes, Chinooks, Cattle Dogs and Corgis. We feed the grain free and have been very happy with it for all of the dogs. My friend is an animal nutritionist and we are very careful about what we feed but we also have to look at the cost as well. Very satisfied with the grain free Nutri Source.

I've been feeding NutriSource Performance, which is a 30/20 protien/fat ratio since the middle of the summer. It doesn't have any corn, wheat, or soy. I've been very pleased with the results so far.

I'm using the NutriSource chicken and rice, and am very pleased with results. Former ProPlan user; I've also fed Orijen for many years prior to going back to ProPlan.

While NutriSource is an OK food for the Grain free, it is fiber heavy and produces a large volume of stool.

Id like you to read what Scott Freeman talks about in his blogs and Pod Cast at Nature's Logic when it comes to grain free diets.

Scott Freeman has been in the Pet Food business for decades. Was at Wysong, formed the Nature's Variety line of foods, left there when taken over by an Investment company, and now is making his own line of foods called Nature's Logic.

He has test results from feeding trials that blow away results of competitors by using the "Natural" vitamins and minerals. His food is made in Texas at the Victor Plant where no recalls have even been needed.

He is one of the few owners to take the Pledge at The Truth About Pet Food site.

I personally have been feeding Nutrisource chicken and rice for 2 years. And we use the Nutrisource larg breed puppy, and performance adult and have not experienced any large stool issues in my labradors. In fact one of my house labradors has a bit of a small and harder stool than I would like .
I have also used the heartland select bison adult with one of my dogs that is a bit sensitive in her ears and she actually improved over time once on it. I used to feed that dog the taste of the wild . She was older and did well with the switch to heartland .That was a grain free also .
I like it ./

I've not had larger stools, either, with Nutrisource adult chicken and rice. I can't speak for the grain frees with this company; won't be trying them.

I feed PureVita Salmon and Sweet Potato, which is a variant of Nutrisource. Love it and the dogs are doing great!