General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AJC

Merrimack Valley Kennel Club

http://www.infodog.com/results/2014110101/201411010113200.htm

see lots of dogs with AJC (excused)
anyone there care to report reason judged used?

Re: AJC

No excusal. AJC means Absent due to Judge Change

It didn't appear there was a judge change in labradors.....

True - InfoDog does not show a Judge change.

It's a real shame there were so many absentees - especially since it looks like it would have been a Major in dogs if just 1 more dog would have been shown.

infodog's catalog is not correct. there was a judge change Both days and the new judge's name does not show up on the catalog with results. Replacement judges were not lab breeders so # of people who pulled their entry was high

So who were the actual judges those days?

Saturday's judge was Ed Lyons. Mr. Lyons was very nice to all exhibitors but consulted the breed standard quite a bit while judging.

Sunday's judge was Richard William Powell. He is a terrier judge who seemed to know Labradors much better than the Saturday judge.

I believe that MB-F has the actual judges listed on infodog now.

I showed both days and have no problem with the fact that people pulled their entries. Most of the people who pulled their dogs were traveling from some distance and would have had to spend two nights in a hotel. Plus they would have had to travel in winter storm conditions. They originally entered to show to two well respected breeder judges. To travel hundreds of miles in snow and ice and spend money on gas, hotel and food to show to two unknown all-breed judges makes no sense, not even to hold the major.

While unfortunate that the major broke, in this instance I think it is justifiable.