Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whose Puppies in the Budweiser Ad?

Anyone know whose pups are in the new Budweiser ad? Congratulations -- and wow!

Re: Whose Puppies in the Budweiser Ad?

I dunno but I LOVE IT!

He is sired by Red Hot Cyrus At Elkens and is a well-bred pup. Great commercial, just wished they started off by going to the breeder's house to get the puppy and not to the "puppy adoption center". I hope people realize that well-bred puppies come from good breeders, not adoption centers.

Does the puppy have a mother?

The litter was bred by Eleonore Diehr and Gretchen Hyde, the sire was Red Hot Cyrus at Elkens, the dam is Rockinoak Timeless Classic "Chanel", Cyrus was sired by Oakdale Dunbar at Penara, bred by Joyce Woods, and Dunbar was sired by Little River Redheaded Stranger better known as Willie bred and owned by us.

Good job! Pretty little pup and smart too!

It looked like at least two puppies were used, if one looks close the baby going under the fence is a boy, most other shots are of a girl

At least they aren't "Silvers" LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4&gclid=CK_RoIOYprwCFSUS7Aodql4Axg

That is some chemistry going on between the human actors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mXTklvnGYo

OK.. I am switching from Sam Adams to the King of Beers.

They had 8 pups on site if you look at the "making of" the commercial. They said from 8 to 11 weeks it took. I bet they had used more than one. One she carrys does not have as good pigment as later pup. Those horses rock.

I should have guessed. Kirsty Oliver, who does PT at Red Bank VH worked with the puppies when they filmed 101 Dalmatians when she lived in England. I recall there were something like 8-11 litters used to film that movie.

Joan you might want to read this:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/01/29/heart-stealing-budweiser-super-bowl-commercial-filmed-in-thousand-oaks/
It was filmed over THREE DAYS using EIGHT Labrador puppies.

I look forward to each and every Budweiser Superbowl Commercial. How many remember the 2002 commercial - post 9/11? WOW, it is a tear jerker and makes me proud every time I see it - thank you youtube.

This year's commercial is both tasteful and touching. A very nice combination for a commercial. Will I start drinking Budweiser? Rooting for the Cardinals? Probably not, but I respect and admire their insight and commitments.

Well done.

oh it bears to note, AB is owned by INBEV and they also own a bunch of brands such as Bacardi, Rolling Rock, Goose Island, Bass and Boddington, and so many more.

Congrats to everyone involved for yet one more exceptionally good commercial.

What happens to all the pups used in the filming of the ad? Do any move on to a life in Hollywood with a dog trainer to star in movies? It would be a hoot to see how the puppy turned out at a year old.

Casting
What happens to all the pups used in the filming of the ad? Do any move on to a life in Hollywood with a dog trainer to star in movies? It would be a hoot to see how the puppy turned out at a year old.

The puppies were from a breeder who owned the litter. The trainer(s) worked with the puppies to get them to perform on cue. I am sure after they were finished with filming, they went to their news homes unless the breeder was keeping a puppy or two for show.