Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
European Breeders and Echos

I was looking at some foreign Lab websites recently and it stuck me as to how little of them echo the hearts for TVD. Can someone explain this some? Here in the US/CA, echos or at least ascultations are pretty common place.

Another thing I noticed is that much of the European breeders have results for HNPK, which isn't seen much of over here.

Re: European Breeders and Echos

Across the Pond
I was looking at some foreign Lab websites recently and it stuck me as to how little of them echo the hearts for TVD. Can someone explain this some? Here in the US/CA, echos or at least ascultations are pretty common place.

Another thing I noticed is that much of the European breeders have results for HNPK, which isn't seen much of over here.
For the same reason many breeders on this side of the pond do only auscultation, no heart clearances or especially none done on their girls. They're Cheap or Uneducated! Being TVD originated with a European imported stud dog, you would think they would do more echo dopplers since. I would also guess they don't have as many cardiologists or clinics there. No matter how much I like a boy, I will not breed to him unless at the very least he has an echo doppler. I prefer to see relatives, parents and occasional grand sire and grand dam too but don't expect it yet. In 5 years, I will. Yes, I echo all of my breeding dogs and have since 2009. Others began way before. There is no reason not to anywhere unless there are no cardiologists at shows the breeder attends and where they live.